.NET where to extract?

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Thomo, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Thomo

Thomo

I have a dodgy install from a somewhat corrupt disk. I require .NET to install an ATI colour card and other cards as well I suppose. I downloaded .NET 1.0 from the Windows site and I am wondering where to extract it. I understand there might be some commands to execute but I am unsure where the DOS panel is. Any ways I would be grateful for any clues.

Cheers Tom

Thomo, Jul 20, 2014
  2. Thomo

Elizabeth23

when you download a zip file and extract the contents they can be extracted to where you want them, for example; C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET

or you can extract them to your desktop, if you plan to keep the files, then put them in the program files folder, once extracted you are looking for the .exe file or setup file and you will double click it.

=================

Or, you can go here and download files 1, 2, 3, and 4, then perform them in order, for 2 you will have to be connected to the internet, but it will tell you when you can disconnect, and you must be patient. dot net takes a long time to download and install, also you might check the shutdown/restart window after installing as some need to be installed when windows shutsdown, not restarts, you will be able to tell if there is a little shield icon on the shutdown button, again be patient, it will take awhile.

do the files in order 1-2-3-4

the above files will take you to .net 3.5 and then you will have to head over to Microsoft updates and do a high priority scan and update all.

if you get a window at anytime saying the following programs will not work if you wipe out .net do not worry as you will be reinstalling .net and they will work again.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    Elizabeth23, Jul 20, 2014
  3. Thomo

Thomo

Thank you Elizabeth. I went to <here> and saw files 2,3 and 4 but not file 1. Is file 1 somewhere else cheers Tom

Thomo, Jul 22, 2014
  4. Thomo

Elizabeth23

I do not know what happened to it but it is there now. :)

Elizabeth23, Jul 22, 2014
  5. Thomo

Thomo

Cheers for that

Thomo, Jul 22, 2014
  6. Thomo

Elizabeth23

no problem. :)

Elizabeth23, Jul 22, 2014
  7. Thomo

Thomo

Thank you again it all worked a treat. There is only one piece of errant hardware that was not picked up by driver update. I am not going to sweat that now.

Cheers Tom

Thomo, Jul 23, 2014
  8. Thomo

Elizabeth23

what driver, maybe I can help you find it??

Elizabeth23, Jul 23, 2014
  9. Thomo

Thomo

The pop up was showing asking for a driver for the first few times I booted but it has disappeared for now. If I find out I will let you know.

Cheers Tom

Thomo, Jul 25, 2014
  10. Thomo

Elizabeth23

Good deal, :)

Elizabeth23, Jul 25, 2014
Ask a Question