Needed programmers, 3D artists, environment artists, motion artists for independent RPG

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by JimmyKissing, May 23, 2023.

1. JimmyKissing

JimmyKissing

Hi to all. Me and my internet-friend started to create independent videogame - 3D 3st person RPG with not big open world in style of Gothic or Risen. I write the script, and also contacting the actors for voiceover. Actors are working just for name in titles, for portfolio. Friend said that he can paint in 3D all the map and models. I painted by hand all map and locations plan (have pictures) and sent to him, and i found composer who agree for using his music for free. For last month he didn't answered... i thought, while i will write, he will paint, but it seems that he just changed mind (of course, he don't say that, he just wrote that "project is wrapped for now"). It's very sad, because i communicate with voiceover actors few months already, and they would like to see something about the game... so i try here.. Game planned as sequel of one australian sci-fi / fantasy 1990's series.
    I want to try to find people who can stand with me. Work is unpaid, but if game will successful - then of course we will earn something, if not - you will have good portfolio.
    Who is needed:
    - 3D artists (models of people (men, women, teens; i have screenshots from series for example, but you can paint your style too), mobs (big spider, man-sized tyrannosaurs, wolves, big rats, big bugs; also few unical mobs - giant bug, giant spider, giant swamp octopus, giant bug).
    - Animation artists (moves for beasts and people, also for trees and plants maybe)
    - Environment artists (grass, water, plants, trees, houses)
    - Engine / programming artists (friend told that he want to use Unreal Engine; best - Genome Engine, but i'm not sure, is this engine free to use)
    Experience is not needed and not wanted - if you can do that, you will. Let's contact here or through [email protected]
    Of course, maybe it was too fast - search voice actors right from the start, but i really trusted , that we can do this. I wrote over 60 pages of script, received many audio files… i must do something. Would be sad to stop it all and write to actors “Sorry, plans are changed, thanks for help”. I hope to find here people who would like to join, because i don't know about programming and digital painting…

JimmyKissing, May 23, 2023
  2. JimmyKissing

Hunter2021

It's nice to have ambitions and desire to create when you're young. Reminds me of the young creators of this series anime had to go beg around for funding: Nanocore.

(Above looks like a professionally done anime series but it's actually made by youngsters working for an Indy project that had to go around begging for funds)

Sure, those youngsters had talent and desire to work hard to realize their dream. But it's been years since Nanocore was released BUT at the end of it all Nanocore looked good but totally forgettable. Any anime series created by a professional studio like Tencent easily trounces the Indy project Nanocore in story, music and visuals.

Also, can you imagine the first STAR WARS movie by Lucas was actually an Indy studio production?... Disaster!!

It's nice to have dreams when you're young, but I wouldn't put too much love into other than as a stepping stone and advancement into a professional career because Nanocore had proven over time such Indy projects ultimately become forgettable!!

Hunter2021, May 24, 2023
  3. JimmyKissing

Hunter2021

Compared to Perfect World (a professional anime series by world re-known company Tencent), the Indy project Nanocore looks like junk I wouldn't even recommend to kids:

Last edited: May 24, 2023
    Hunter2021, May 24, 2023
  4. JimmyKissing

Hunter2021

Basically I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubble, just to prevent people from wasting their youth and time...

The problem with Indy projects is it's often under 1-3 peoples vision and direction. Think of it like a CPU, the more cores you have the better the result. In a professionally done project, it's supervised by at least 10-20 experts in the industry. Plus the breath of the resulting work is much wider.

Take Perfect World for example, it tells the tale of when the protagonist is just a little kid to when he grows gray hair... something a simple Indy project CANNOT tackle!

Hunter2021, May 24, 2023
  5. JimmyKissing

JimmyKissing

Thanks, but here it goes not about anime

JimmyKissing, May 24, 2023
  6. JimmyKissing

JimmyKissing

And by the way... Phantasm 1 (film directed by Don Coscarelli) was made as indie film.

JimmyKissing, May 24, 2023
  7. JimmyKissing

Hunter2021

Completely missed the point. It's not about THE anime. At the end of it all, nobody cared that Indy project Nanocore got made or NOT, except the creators who now have something very nice to add to their resume/portfolio...

Hunter2021, May 25, 2023
  8. JimmyKissing

Hunter2021

Good luck to ya! One million people start an Indy project, at least 1 will be guaranteed to churn out the "Phantasm 1". It's just the way luck and chance works!

Hunter2021, May 25, 2023
  9. JimmyKissing

Hunter2021

BTW, I noticed YT is biased against Chinese origin videos, that is y the sound gets cut out randomnly... It is afterall the official Tencent presence on YT.

Anyways, for anyone interested, at 60 seconds/1 minute mark can see all the CGI models Tencent made for the protagonist starting from about 8-10 y/o all thru teenager/adulthood to grown man with gray hair. This kind of scope not attainable for an Indy project...

Hunter2021, May 25, 2023
  10. JimmyKissing

JimmyKissing

Yep. Thanks for wishes. Please, don't spam here with all that kawaishit, okay?

JimmyKissing, May 25, 2023
  11. JimmyKissing

Hunter2021

Japanese anime is so passe. I don't watch Jap crap anymore.

What you associate with "Kawaishit" is simply crap from the Japanese anime industry.

One company in China (namely Tencent) single-handedly destroying the entire Japanese anime industry. Their official presence world wide is the website WeTV dot vip ( https://wetv.vip/en ). YT is but a small international presence of Tencent. They don't care if Google sabotages the company for being Chinese by randomly cutting out the sound in their uploaded vids. So long as WeTV works worldwide as intended, it's all Tencent needs to make money from VIP subscriptions!

Hunter2021, May 25, 2023
  12. JimmyKissing

TMTGTR

Good luck to you JImmy! Sounds very promising.

TMTGTR, Jun 20, 2023
  13. JimmyKissing

JimmyKissing

Yep, but for now only one person wrote to me - it's programmer with experience in indie developing. 3D maker guy is still needed.

JimmyKissing, Jun 20, 2023
Ask a Question