Need Help Uninstalling Corrupt Network Adaptor Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Emily Persephone, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Emily Persephone

Emily Persephone

I would like to start by stating that I am very much unfamilar with the more technical side of computers. However, my desktop is having some trouble and I am hoping that someone here can help me, or provide more information.

Last evening, while I was browsing the internet, I lost the connection. The USB network adaptor is brand new so I knew that was not the problem. I ran the Malwarebytes Anti-Maleware full system scan, and also the Piriform C Cleaner scanner.

I then checked the device manager and I found little yellow circles with exclamation points beside every network adapter driver. I tried to uninstall the drivers but when I did, a box popped up with the message "Failed to uninstall the device. The device may be required to boot up the computer."

I then tried to put in the disc to reinstall a non corrupt version of the driver, but my computer did not seem to recognize the installation attempt.

I have Microsoft Windows XP, Home Edition, 2002 Version, Service pack 3.

The following are photos that I took of my screen, and photos of the brand new USB network adapter that I am currently using. It was installed in April.

Thank you to anyone who reads this or is able to help. I appreciate it, greatly!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
    Emily Persephone, Jul 4, 2014
  2. Emily Persephone

Emily Persephone

More photos for reference.

Attached Files:

Emily Persephone, Jul 4, 2014
  3. Emily Persephone

Elizabeth23

Start REGEDIT.EXE and scan for the name of the network adapter as it
    shows up in the Device Manager. You will find an entry in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet for it. Delete the branch.

above quoted from here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/28695-45-problems-uninstalling-wireless-network-adapter
    =================

does your pc boot to a wired connection?

have you tried to repair the connection by right clicking on your network connection, wired or wireless, and choosing repair?

have you tried a system restore to a point before this happened??

===============

side note: Malwarebytes has a new version for the free version yours is outdated.

Elizabeth23, Jul 4, 2014
  4. Emily Persephone

Jojo

I don't know if this might be a useful addition to Elizabeth's excellent response, but I have found, for reasons I don't understand, that if I update my networking drivers, networking, ie, net access, doesn't work.

The last time I accidentally did this, I reinstalled from the hardware disk that came with my machine, in my case, Asus. But you may not have that.

Jojo, Jul 4, 2014
Ask a Question