Need help Installing a program on Windows XP Virtual Drive...

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Gavindale Marchovia, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Gavindale Marchovia

Gavindale Marchovia

I am trying to install a program onto my Windows XP Virtual Drive (VirtualBox) on a Windows 10 computer. Just for clarifications sake, my computer has a variety of drives (C:, D:, E: are the regular drives, F: is the CD-Rom, and G: is one of five USB ports). After booting my Virtual Drive, I put the CD-Rom disk into my CD-Rom drive, and the installation screen came up. I clicked the button to install, and a window came up asking what drive to save the program in. I signified C: drive, and the installation process began. After the installation process was over, I went back to my Virtual Drive to run the program, but it was not listed on the programs list, and the shortcut that I had said to install was not on the desktop. I don’t know much about Virtual Drives, but to me this says that the program was not installed in the right place. How do I install a program on a Virtual Drive and have it in the program list and have a desktop shortcut?

Gavindale Marchovia, Feb 27, 2018
Ask a Question