My XP movie maker is partially removed, how do i restore it

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by jim davis, Oct 4, 2019.

1. jim davis

jim davis

and will it, cut mp4s cut down to MP3's shorter on music
    And remember, never over fed the Ginnie pig,

jim davis, Oct 4, 2019
  2. jim davis

Elizabeth23

are you on sp3? if so run a repair install with an install disk with sp3 slipstreamed, since movie maker is integral to windows, it cannot be downloaded separately from what I have read, and in a clean install all movie maker files are there so a repair install will do the same, BUT if you only have an sp2 install disk and you do a repair install it will repair to sp2 and you will have to install sp3 over again and all your programs, so I would not do this unless you have an sp3 install disk,

or if you know exactly what files are missing and I have them on my xpsp3 professional pc I can upload them to my onedrive for you

Elizabeth23, Oct 5, 2019
    ClippyBeer likes this.
  3. jim davis

cornemuse

I have never used movie maker. To get audio converted I use:

https://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

Theres a nag (only) at end the of conversions, but not bad.

For instance, I 'rip' just the (music) portion of a dvd I want.
    If you've ever 'looked at the files on movie dvds, AUDIO_TS is 99% of the time empty, VIDEO_TS is full. In it among other files are *.VOB files which are actually 'mpeg' video files. When ripping 5-10 minutes worth (the music!) there is only 1 VOB file. rename it to *.mpg. use the video converter to convert to mp3.

;

cornemuse, Oct 5, 2019
  4. jim davis

jim davis

Liz, your such a nice girl, most girls I know stop talking to me if every time we meet theres a problem.

I have SP3, but it makes no visual sense trying to get a movie in there to edit, or how to get it there. what i need to do is remove some junk sounds on the end of a mp3 music file,

you would think you just pick a movie from your files, and chop end off, but it goes submarine driving terminology into this import export crap, which does not make any movies move in their by the way.

I have zero idea what to do cause the controls seem frozen or useless

jim davis, Oct 8, 2019
  5. jim davis

ClippyBeer

As usual I have a difficult time understanding the OP's postings. Nonetheless Windows Live Essentials 2012 can still be downloaded from:

Windows Essentials latest version 16.4.3528.0331:

English (United Kingdom)

http://web.archive.org/web/20160423192125/http://wl.dlservice.microsoft.com/download/1/9/4/194B1919-A211-441F-BC0E-34F6B533B876/en-gb/wlsetup-all.exe

English (United States)

http://web.archive.org/web/20170112124505/http://wl.dlservice.microsoft.com/download/C/1/B/C1BA42D6-6A50-4A4A-90E5-FA9347E9360C/en/wlsetup-all.exe

Or:

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/windows_live.html

I have used Movie Maker and it is a pretty good user friendly video editor. Photo Gallery is also good but I have been using other third party image galleries so didn't use it much. Incidentally Movie Maker and Photo Gallery also work on Windows 7 & 10.

https://www.tenforums.com/software-...ssentials-2012-a-post1024068.html#post1024068

You need an audio editor such as Audacity. Download the XP version 2.06.
    The right tool for the right job.

ClippyBeer, Oct 8, 2019
  6. jim davis

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Oct 8, 2019
  7. jim davis

jim davis

thanks for the compliment clippybeer, I am a poet and you a very wise man about computers, what your experiencing is called "left brain-right brain cognitive clash"
    see Susan Greenfields work, "The internet and the brain change" it will humble and scare ya,

ohhhhhhh to conquer the whole world of "Code" and yet lose the souls ability to intuit a poem in the process,

unless a person is wide open intuitively, I make no sense.
    but there is the very valid pain in the but about my spelling, however pedantic-cesium is a big thing with math oriented people, but they can not understand Shakespeare.
    poets only think of how a word sounds in a sentence, we only "Hear Feel it" plus we invent the words, why should we care how its spelled, its the music thats important, but you are right also, with out a numeric skeleton, there is nothing to hang sound and skin on, but the fact is in the end you have to have a skin or there is no music,
    see Susan greenfield, she is hands down uncontested the smartest woman in the world.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    jim davis, Jan 25, 2020
  8. jim davis

Computer semi-expert

You're a poet? Can we see some of your poetry for free? Or do you charge $10 per poem?

Computer semi-expert, Feb 14, 2020
  9. jim davis

jim davis

Dear SEMI, can't help you with what ever your gunning for,
    nor help your avatar slogan "State Of Confusion"

jim davis, Feb 28, 2020
  10. jim davis

jim davis

thanks Liz,
    this looks like the free version will clip the end off a mp3 I have.
    its a copy of "Abby Road" that has been enhanced by some sound engineer,
    and has spectacular color and bloom into the room when playing, not only for a mp3, but digital recording in general, he was selling his effects and enhancements device somewhere on the net, I have played it for many folks and everybody agrees its just incredible sound for a mp3.
    But as is often the case in often manic net culture and arts, at the end of the whole record, and it is a record hes used to make the mp3, , he put this huge tasteless car crash sound of a advertisement for himself, ha ha then he went off the net and his services are not even available anymore.
    Sad, cause he really had a great sound enhancement product.

jim davis, Feb 28, 2020
  11. jim davis

jim davis

Clippy, as usual a great post, with great links, and glad to see you promoting major Geeks, they are sometime very heroic about not ripping folks off.

Question I saw this at geeks,
    http://www.reimageplus.com/lp/major...p=direct&ads_name=direct&keyword=direct&nms=1
    As said before, I am not a computer guy, it seems they (geeks and seller) are saying I could safely use this "FREE" to reset "unknown" other problems on my XP, whats your thoughts and and do you know if it is
    easy to clear it from C drive after you use it.

I just bought and returned screaming mad,,,,,a brother printer that did not work on XP, and the install disk bugged my machine, and the customer support guy put me thru (this really happen) two hours of argument :mad::mad::mad::mad: on phone before he coughed up brother had a program to remove their installed junk in 3 mins. which i finally got to use.
    internet sadist aside, I am now weary of any down loads, :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Whats your take on "Re-image" ????

jim davis, Feb 28, 2020
Ask a Question