My XP is out of commission!

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by trimis, Nov 29, 2019.

1. trimis

trimis

Instead of the usual Teletubbie hills I get:

Drive 0 not found: Serial ATA, SATA-0
    Alert! Failed to detect one or more drives during POST
    Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility
    Press F5 to run onboard diagnostics

Currently confined to use of Linux LiveCDs. Dang good thing I started using them or I'd be dead in the water right now! Though it may have been use of RoboLinux LiveCD that caused this problem. Either that, or 123movies.la injected some malware while I was binge watching Alaska: Last Frontier.

I'll probably end up waiting for my computer tech to swing by in a couple weeks, but wanted to see what the options was that I could try now. Not keen on having to use Linux til then!

trimis, Nov 29, 2019
  2. trimis

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Nov 30, 2019
  3. trimis

trimis

I have made no changes to the hardware. Not knowing made any changes to the software, unless the RoboLinux LiveCD messed something up, or 123movies managed to install malware. Well if there are no options to try, I'll wait for my tech to swing around. Been using MX Linux LiveCd all day, so I still have internet access, just no XP Pro.

trimis, Nov 30, 2019
  4. trimis

ClippyBeer

Definitely a hardware issue - it happens before Windows even boots up. Could be a loose connection to the hard drive. Best wait for your tech to show up and fix it.

ClippyBeer, Dec 3, 2019
Ask a Question