My windows laptop wont copy download files in order to install windows xp service pack 3 Help!

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Gretter74, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Gretter74

Gretter74

So It all started when after finding an old windows xp laptop in my basement from years ago I started it up and started using it again until I ran into problems trying to install some programs that ahould have ran on windows xp, such as java, flash, photoshop and other programs, i used older versions of those programs that said they worked with xp, but when i ran them they kept crashing, so i though that maybe i needed to upgrade to service pack 3 because it currently was on service pack 1 or original or whatever, I find an iso of the windows service pack 3, before installing it onto the laptop I get the same iso and use it on a virtual machine on my main computer and it works, so i find an "iso to usb" and it makes it a bootable usb drive to install service pack 3, everythings running A-Ok, it asks me for the key i fini find a key online and it works it goes through the installation process, but then it has to restart, goes to the comand prompt looking style of installing where I have to press Enter to go through but then it starts saying copying dll, and says it cant find file, and i reset the laptop and again! I dont know what to do, i think its trying to find the usb but goes to cd disk drive to look for indtallation files, and cant find the usb drive, can anybody help me?

Gretter74, Feb 21, 2019
  2. Gretter74

Elizabeth23

service pack 3 is an update and does not need to be burned to a cd or a usb, merely download to desktop and double click to install, or you can copy to a cd or usb and install from either of those 2 media

Elizabeth23, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Gretter74

Mike_Walsh

Mike_Walsh, Feb 25, 2019
Ask a Question