My opinions about some O.S. of Microsoft

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by MihailMojsoski, May 9, 2015.

1. "Xp can do everything 10 can do but not as flashy."
    Not everything, but it can mostly do what Windows 10 can, but even Windows 10 also can't do a ton of stuff that xp can.
    For example: Windows 10 doesn't offer freedom. (No themes allowed except their aero lite "theme" no disabling updates, etc.)

Skeleton11223, Aug 9, 2017
  2. MihailMojsoski

Aunty Jack

Adelaide, in my dreams as my wife tells me.
    So many OS's to choose from since CP/M and MSDOS back in the mid 1980'. I am a dillitante when it comes to choosing an OS for every day use. From Dos 1, to my favourite, Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit. My wife's PC has Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

With each iteration of an OS, and Windows to me is the most common example, the move from 3.1 to 95 opened up much more for the user. The same with the next iteration, 98 SEII. And so on through 2000, Me, and the pinnacle at the time, XP. Each iteration since to Windows offered more functionality (and perhaps some new eye candy). The human condition seems to be to seize on that which is new, more bells and whistles perhaps. Not that I am discounting the genuine advances. What one user finds genuinely useful may not have the same appeal, or suit the expectations of another user.

Window 8 and 8.1, well, like them or not as advances in OS technology or hate them. Windows 10, to me the the same applies.

For me, windows 7 suites my style and expectations. It may not suit another.

Perhaps the OS world of new offerings has become a little like, "would you like fries with that. ?."

I often liken OS's to one's favourite car. I really enjoyed and liked my 1965 Triumph 2000 way back then. British Racing Green, superior performance and handling to any offerings from Ford, General Motors, or Chrysler. That was then. Years later I had a Ford, 4 litre six, multi-point fuel injection, a real road rocket. But still I liked and preferred my Triumph 2000 and later a Triumph 2500 TC. The whole issue to me with OS's, like cars, is what suits us at the time.

Linux. ummm, a certain sameness no matter what flavour Linux may have.

Windows 10, to me too intrusive and a certain instability.

For me, I wish I still had my Triumph 2000 and I am happy with Windows 7.

Am I a Luddite, perhaps but it suits me but may not suit another.

Cheers,

Mark. (Aunty Jack).

Aunty Jack, Aug 18, 2017
  3. MihailMojsoski

esc

XP IS A GREAT os, because , it runs everything. 2- it is legacy. Runs all Old original games. and many software which are now hard to run on newer operating systems. These new OSs, windows 8, etc Do Not, support all of these softwares and they are cutting back on what you can do, Windows xp has full functionality in a friendly interface. The newer interfaces are not as friendly, and they have many restrictions and also bugs

Windows XP

Fastest, Easiest, Not sure if safest.
    This is the first OS i have ever used.
    Just it is too awesome.
    I used it for the first time in 2005.

esc, Sep 6, 2017
Ask a Question