My hp 6555b is looping

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Ald0, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Ald0

Ald0

Hi I inherited this cast off HP NoteBook 6555b that I messed up not being a tecchie.

It is looping from safe mode to windows logo. None of the links in safe mode works.
    It is also not seeing the cdrom nor usb drives. Can it be saved or do have to trash it.

Ald0, Jul 2, 2018
  2. Ald0

Elizabeth23

boot to a rescue disk so you can run checkdisk from a command prompt, run at least twice with the /r parameter:

chkdsk c: /r

notice space between k and c, also between : and /

Elizabeth23, Jul 2, 2018
  3. Ald0

Ald0

Hi Elizabeth23 I thank you for your prompt response. However there is a problem, with how to get the PC to see the cdrom or the usb drive

Ald0, Jul 3, 2018
  4. Ald0

Elizabeth23

go to the bios and see if you have a listing that will return the bios to the default settings, if not then unplug the power from the wall, press the power button for approx 5 sec., then open up case and pull the cmos battery for 5 minutes, then plug back in, also make sure there are no peripherals attached, only monitor, keyboard and mouse.

this will set back to default settings and you will have to go into the bios to set the time and date to the correct numbers and reset any settings that you may have set before.

look under the drive listings to see if it recognizes the harddrive, and the cdrom.

then reboot and did that clear up the loop or at least give you a blue screen with a file or program that is causing the issue.

Elizabeth23, Jul 3, 2018
Ask a Question