Music download from You Tube

Just downloaded a handful of pieces/ albums from You Tube.

Downloaded in MP4 HD quality, which I gather should give me loss-less audio compression. Checked with a Google search, which confirms should be superior to MP3.

Granted, often the original on You tube can be poor quality.

Nevertheless, I can readily detect that the sound quality of these downloads is inferior to listening on You tube to same material in browser, as opposed to downloading.

Anyone able to suggest remedy?

I downloaded the klite codec package which has the media player classic. everything sounds fine, but I do not have an ear to hear differences, what player are you using?

Thanks Elizabeth. So far only tried with standard Windows Media Player. Have not been aware of quality degradation when playing material from sources other than You Tube.

Will explore further.

HI priscus
I have found if i strip back a you tube mp4 to mp3 there is a big drop in sound so bad I can not play it on my hi end stereo, no mater what I do, one cure may be to just keep your down loads MP4, but down load at the highest MB rate
and play off your computer in to stereo, what would be wonderful is to find a CD player that would play the mp4 and ignore the video track, many artist have become aware of this and are putting their stuff up with a hi MB rate
j

MPC is old tech. The new boy on the block is SMPlayer. It comes in a portable version, so no need to install it. Don't even need to get SMP via a codec pack, coz SMP is the codec. Plus it even allows me to watch 3-D vids by doing real-time conversion to anaglyph. Also works on XP like it should.

Back