msn network device missing

Discussion in 'Windows XP Networking' started by SueB, Feb 13, 2016.

1. SueB

SueB

Hope you can help. I have two computers using xp, connected via ethernet cable via local area network. Yesterday the printer on the connected pc stopped working, message "print spooler "not working. I made sure it was working and should have worked automatically. Did everything I could to ensure it restarted. No luck even though it appeared to be working properly. So I deleted the printer from the network and tried to put it back on. Now I find that I am unable to connect the network. Checked the connection manager, the connected pc says I should be connected via msn, but the connection on the major computer sates that msn is unavailable as a device is missing. Checking the properties it says a firewall is blocking it, so I turned off the firewall - no luck. I have googled the problem and it appears that I should delete the msn connection. Being unknowledgeable about computers I am not sure I should do this. Your help would be most appreciated.

SueB, Feb 13, 2016
Ask a Question