Mouse keeps doubling clicking !?

Discussion in 'Windows XP Hardware' started by Agentez, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Agentez

Agentez

Most of the time when I click my mouse it clicks twice, I already checked out the "Mouse" in the Control Panel and tried fixing it changing the double-clicking settings. It worked.....I was happy and continued to my daily internet stuff but then it started acting up again ? It was working fine for a good 3 minutes then it went back to its annoying ways....I already have an Anti-Virus so I doubt its a virus, I really don't feel like buying a new mouse, AND I really don't feel like "cleaning it" because I know I'll mess up, please don't give me those as answers because if the information you give me doesn't work then I'm going to have to do them anyways, so please no answers like that. HELP !!!!! What other options do I have to fix it other then "cleaning it" or buying a new one ???? =/ (Sorry if this is in the wrong section but can you answer the question even if it is)

Agentez, Oct 7, 2012
  2. Agentez

Wakaku

I think the mouse is really broken. This same annoyance happened to me on my two earlier A4Tech mice.

1. Accidentally dropping the mouse will result to auto-double-click problem, as I recall in my experience. After you drop your mouse, no symptoms will take affect right away. It may be 2 to 3 days afterwards before the prob will manifest. That's why I am very careful with my latest mouse.

2. Seems like A4Tech mice with the 2x Click feature have the random tendency to have that auto-double click glitch if you use the 2x Click feature some time.

Did you also drop your mouse a few times? Anyway, I highly recommend you to buy a new mouse. After you buy one, let your old mouse take a rest for a few weeks or even months, when you re-connect it again in the future, you will find out that it still has that auto double clicking glitch, just as it were in my old mice. If not, then your in luck, you now have two working mice. :)

Last edited: May 2, 2013
    Wakaku, May 2, 2013
Ask a Question