motherboard died

Discussion in 'Windows XP Hardware' started by adampc31, Oct 31, 2013.

1. adampc31

adampc31

Hi,
    So my good old,very loud, noisy p4 motherboard finally died on me. I think my room is warmer in the winter because that beast. And I am a little deaf because,for six long years, the loud cpu fan constantly bombarding my ears. The other day I found an Asus (newer,quieter,faster) replacement together with cpu and memory from the bay for thirty bucks.I installed my old hard drive on it and started the computer. BUT... the XP would not load. It just keep re-starting to the page "Start Window Normally". "Last Know Good.." "Safe mode" all come back to the same page.So what's my options? Re-install XP or do repair install? Re-install may involve call to activation center and Mr.Gate think it's a good time to sell me a Windows 8.That might eventually happen but please not now.Please help.

adampc31, Oct 31, 2013
  2. adampc31

treBone

Hi Adam I am also a newbie on this forum, trying to give you a Link that will help but the mod's will not allow it as I do not have 5 Posts here.
    Please therefore treat the following by taking out the SPACES:
    support. microsoft. com/ kb/ 824125
    Scroll down to the second section, "Replace a Failed Motherboard."
    Good luck!

treBone, Dec 9, 2013
  3. adampc31

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Dec 9, 2013
Ask a Question