Modify ISO of Windoows XP.

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by SantyXP7271, Jan 26, 2022.

1. SantyXP7271

SantyXP7271

Hello, I want to modify an ISO, from Windows XP Home Edition SP3 to add several Updates. (Internet Explorer 8, Media Player 11, Windows Search 4.0, Rootsupd 2016/2019 and Certificate Updater V1.6). It can be done, and if so, what software can I use. It should be clarified that the ISO is in Spanish, and it cost me a lot to find the installers in that language, if they help me I would make an English installation too, although in that language it is easier to find an updated ISO. But I would feel very grateful if I could help me.

Thank you for reading.

Attached Files:

SantyXP7271, Jan 26, 2022
  2. SantyXP7271

ClippyBeer

NLite is the tool that is used to create custom Windows Install ISOs with updates and drivers included.

Not sure if it would work with spanish version of XP but you could give it a try.

https://www.nliteos.com/

ClippyBeer, Jan 30, 2022
    Elizabeth23 likes this.
  3. SantyXP7271

Adminsky

Greeting, i want to share an opinion based in my experience through many years of make XP CDs
    After make several modified cds by myself i found the best way to me:
    1 use a genuine .iso. with verified checksum
    2 Make a clean installation
    3 Install drivers
    4. Install all hotfixes and component from windows update
    5. install the rest and configure
    6 Make a image (not clone, image. an image copy just the used space, when clone you make a 1:1 copy the space used and not used is imcluded) with Macrium reflect 7.2.4453 and make the rescue iso
    7 prepare a flashdriver/external HD with ventoy and copy the rescue iso+image

I restored my 10 GB XP partition from a 1 TB sata3 external disk in 1 min 40 seconds, the image is compressed to 4.4 GB, The computer is a 2007 dual core with 4 gb ram memory

Now i just skip the painful install process and im sure the restored image is 100% vanilla. Something id like to test software and something breaks but the image works always as should

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    Adminsky, Feb 16, 2022
  4. SantyXP7271

Samir

I do something similar except I use clonezilla. Clonezilla can break files into whatever segments you want so I break them into 600MB images in case I ever want to put them on a CD. Plus, you can make a bootable image so don't need clonezilla to get it back.

Samir, Feb 16, 2022
    Adminsky likes this.
  5. SantyXP7271

Adminsky

I grab the free version of macrium 2 years ago

Adminsky, Feb 16, 2022
  6. SantyXP7271

Samir

I've got that too somewhere, but I don't like software that needs installation on an OS.

Samir, Feb 16, 2022
Ask a Question