Mobile Phones

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by priscus, Mar 29, 2021.

1. priscus

priscus

Just got a new mobile, and decided to go 5G.

(I need better download speeds)

It is aesthetically, quite impressive.

Phenomenal cameras, but for money spent nothing like what you could get spending the dosh on a camera!

Phenomenal display, but not a patch on monitor used by my desktop at one tenth the price.

Yet the above two features are almost exclusively what I have found are covered in the online reviews.

I am not a gamer, so its performance in this respect is of no interest to me.

So, what about its performance as a telephone (NOT mentioned by any of the reviews)

I did need something capable of faster downloads from internet than what I have previously been using.

BUT:

As a basic telephone, it is beaten hands down by my ancient, cheapy, bottom-of-the-range, 3G phone: an 'HTC Desire C'!

So much so, that I am considering keeping the latter, even though that will mean I am paying two subscriptions for my mobiles.

(I guess that is me: one an anachronism, and one a 'bleeding edge'!)

priscus, Mar 29, 2021
  2. priscus

Elizabeth23

sometimes older is better, older people like me have been saying that for every generation, :):):):)

Elizabeth23, Mar 30, 2021
  3. priscus

Lockherup

Hi Elizabeth. Here is a pdf you might like. I haven't read it and I don't think you should either but it has some cool pictures in it, including Microsoft 1973.

http://keithcu.com/SoftwareWars.pdf

SoftwareWars_Cover_400.jpg

Lockherup, Mar 31, 2021
  4. priscus

Elizabeth23

had to stop at page 93 to cook dinner and it was a great read so far, below is from page 93 crypto nerds.JPG

Elizabeth23, Mar 31, 2021
    Computer semi-expert likes this.
Ask a Question