Mini-XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP Installation and Setup' started by Aunty Jack, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Aunty Jack

Aunty Jack

Adelaide, in my dreams as my wife tells me.
    Yes, I plead guilty before this Honourable Court. I have tried Mini-XP in several variants.

I now await the sentence of this Honourable Court.

Some have been in the Russian language. Some lacked too many features. All failed the Microsoft WGA (Windows Genuine Advantage) test. All were “activated” by a crack of some sort. In other words, pirated copies of XP run through nLite.

Quite a few would not install the usual programs we all use.

No, I am not about to pour “merde” on the authors of Mini-XP. All I can say is, “good try but no cigar”.

Back to my genuine XP Home Edition and no problems with Microsoft or programs, .dll's etc.

Genuine XP can be, “nLited” of course and still pass the WGA test.

So there you have it, Aunty Jack pleads guilty.

Any comments out there from other members trying Mini-XP.

Cheers from Aunty Jack.

Aunty Jack, Oct 3, 2014
  2. Aunty Jack

Jojo

I had a close look at nLite myself and decided against it.

Getting M$ to accept XP might be a problem, though I confess, I haven't tried since they officially stopped supporting it.

Most unnecessary services can be switched off anyway, which leaves them available to use later. I think you more or less made that point as well.

XP only takes up about 10Gb with a full install.

It ain't broke so I don't think I will try to fix it. :cool:

Jojo, Oct 6, 2014
  3. Aunty Jack

Elizabeth23

xp pro only uses 5gb with a full install on my pc, right now even with all my programs installed, I am only using 8.9bg. :)

Elizabeth23, Oct 6, 2014
Ask a Question