Midi Driver Issues

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Spig, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Spig

Spig

Hi..
    I'm a newbie to this board. I'm a musician: computer literate but not extremely tech savvy.

I recently bought an old Acer Aspire One laptop with XP on it, in the hope that it would run some old music composition programs that I want to revisit.

One specifically is a Yamaha product called 'Visual Arranger'.

I can install it and open it fine, but when I try to choose which sound drivers to use for midi, I get an error message which seems to imply that the drivers are not installed or already in use by another program.. However, I have no other program installed that could be using them - except perhaps, that 'Visual Arranger' itself has a wav file that says 'Hello' - and whether this, somehow, locks the drivers I don't know.

The drivers I have installed are Realtek, which I downloaded from the Acer support site as being the right ones for the machine.

I originally used Visual Arranger on Windows 3.1 (it's that old!) and I do have a memory that I ran into this problem way back when I upgraded to XP (I'm one Windows 10 and much more modern progs these days) - but I can't remember how (or if) I ever solved it!

Any help would be so much appreciated!

Regards

Spig

Spig, Aug 10, 2019
  2. Spig

Spig

Hi...this is me replying to my own question!
    I finally (by accident) worked out that the program just won't run without a midi input driver.
    As soon as I plugged in a midi to usb cable it worked fine!

Spig, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Spig

Elizabeth23

great work, ! :)

Elizabeth23, Aug 11, 2019
Ask a Question