Microsoft Update on x64 Builds

Hey folks. Setting up a replacement machine for my folks with XP x64 Edition. I was going to install Office 2003, but I'm wondering if Microsoft Update can still be setup on XP x64. When I try to install the ActiveX add-on in IE8, it never prompts for download and installation. so I'm just stuck with Windows Update.

It seems scarce trying to source Office 2003 updates and service packs now.

Hey folks. Setting up a replacement machine for my folks with XP x64 Edition. I was going to install Office 2003, but I'm wondering if Microsoft Update can still be setup on XP x64. When I try to install the ActiveX add-on in IE8, it never prompts for download and installation. so I'm just stuck with Windows Update.

It seems scarce trying to source Office 2003 updates and service packs now.
It is possible to use Microsoft Update on Windows XP x64 Edition the issue is that Windows Update agent 3.0 doesn't work since circa the start of 2019. You will have to manually install the updated agent:
http://download.windowsupdate.com/w...e/7.6.7600.320/WindowsUpdateAgent-7.6-x64.exe
Then Microsoft Update should finally be able to work :)

jody, I have attached images of my add/remove for office 2003 you can still get the updates from the microsoft update catalog, I have all these in my PortUp cache so I can install offline. :)

Attachments

• page 2.JPG
    page 2.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 402
  • comp 2007.JPG
    comp 2007.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 401
  • page 1.JPG
    page 1.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 421
Back