Microsoft the miser !

Discussion in 'Windows XP Installation and Setup' started by Aunty Jack, May 29, 2015.

1. Aunty Jack

Aunty Jack

Adelaide, in my dreams as my wife tells me.
    Microsoft the miser. !

Have had my genuine XP install CD since I bought it going on twelve years ago. Over the years one replaces PC’s a few times and re-installs XP.

Simple.

Go online and activate XP, yeah right. !

Get a message from Microsoft informing that, “according to our records, you copy of XP has reached it’s install limit”. !

Now hold on for a bloody minute Microsoft. I bought my genuine copy of XP, actually paid money for it and, less marketing and retail expenses, you have my money.

Where does it say in the small print that you, Microsoft, can put a limit on installs. A bit like buying a car that will stop forever at 100,000 miles.

On the phone, no go.

Furious, yes.

Ok you bloody minded mob, I will quite unashamedly use nLite on my genuine XP copy and strip the activation out which I have done. And strip out a bit of junk and slipstream SP3 and .Netframework into it. Which I have done.

And Microsoft, seeing as you have stopped/blocked my genuine XP I see no reason not to install any of the “aftermarket” copies of XP available. The one by a darkly coloured reptile is excellent.

Yaaa Booo to you Microsoft.

Aunty Jack, May 29, 2015
  2. Aunty Jack

eatup

I feel your pain. I have had to resort to using dirty tricks (keeping it in perpetual trial mode) after a $20 piece of software I had purchased exceeded activation limit. (I have a knack of reinstalling the entire system ever so often. I must have reinstalled the entire OS like 200 times within a span of 3-4 years. It's not entirely unrealistic since I usually have the OS installed on two separate partitions on the same hard drive each time, so that's around 1 reinstall cycle every two weeks)...

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    eatup, Jun 2, 2015
  3. Aunty Jack

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Jun 3, 2015
Ask a Question