microsoft tech support lying to users to make them get windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by stvpls, Sep 23, 2020.

1. stvpls

stvpls

hi i recently stumbled upon a support thread wich asked where to download ie8 for xp 32 sp3
    the tech support guy replied that the support is ended years ago, that there is not a single web browser wich still supports xp that is unsafe to use and to get a modern pc... complete liar, there are browsers for xp, its safe to use and there is no reason to get a new crappy computer, here is the screenshot,
    ITS IN ITALIAN BUT I TRANSLATE IT FOR YOU UNDER THE SCREENSHOT
    upload_2020-9-23_23-48-19.png

THE QUESTION IS
    hello everyone i would like to know where i could find ie8 32bit to install on a laptop with xp32 wih sp3
    THE TECH SUPPORT GUY ANSWERED
    windows xp support ended years ago,
    There are no available browsers still compatible with windows xp, starting from ie
    by keep using a out of support browser and os will cause dangerous security problems
    BUY A MODERN COMPUTER
    greetings.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i would like to know what do you guys think about that answer,
    i think they deliberately do everything they can to not answer to xp related questions and instead they tell them to get a modern computer to drive users to windows 10 (wich i hate)
    of course i replied immediately to the tech support guy telling him that he is lying
    and gave a solution to the guy wich has been ignored by the support

here is the thread if you want to verify with a tranlator (even tough i didnt use one) https://answers.microsoft.com/it-it...-8cc0-43b8-a0d9-17de835de93c?tm=1600896628688

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    stvpls, Sep 23, 2020
    Janice likes this.
  2. stvpls

stvpls

UPDATE
    the mod at ms forums deleted my posts, even the one where i replied at the guy who asked the question, i posted again shorter, they ended up locking the thread and they sent me a message to tell me they deleted the first 2 because i was not "polite",
    but really, how can you be polite to a guy that litterally tries its best not to answer and lies instead and tells you to get a "modern computer" when he should be the guy that should help people.
    as of now the second posts are still there

stvpls, Sep 24, 2020
  3. stvpls

Janice

Microsoft is notoriously corrupt. Lying and deceit is their credo. Don't ask them anything because they will trick you to go for their crappy Windows 10. Instead get help for your problems here in the forum,

Janice, Sep 24, 2020
    ClippyBeer and stvpls like this.
  4. stvpls

stvpls

yea ik but i wasnt the guy asking. i just got the chanche to show to ppl how much ms lies

stvpls, Sep 25, 2020
  5. stvpls

Janice

OK thank you for telling us :)

Janice, Sep 25, 2020
  6. stvpls

ClippyBeer

Can't say I'm surprised in the least. I would expect the same response from MS for Vista or Windows 7, not supported anymore, we don't care.

This is the case for any out-of-support software or hardware when you reach out for tech support. Your only recourse is forums such as this one as Janice suggests and sometimes the search engines can provide helpful links.

ClippyBeer, Sep 25, 2020
    Janice likes this.
  7. stvpls

Janice

Years ago I joined the above 'answers microsoft' and MSDN. They were the very 1st computer forums I joined when I started using computers. Soon after, I discovered all about MS and what they stand for :eek: They have got so crooked that in these forums their own MVPs (most valuable professional), 'mark' their own answers as 'Helpful' when the person who ask the question does not mark them so, because the answers are not helpful and fails to solve the problem. At times I have 'unmarked' such fraudulent 'Helpful' selections of the MVPs, for the answers to my own questions but within hours the same MVP rushed back to the forum and marked his own answer as 'Helpful' again! All this chicanery is for the purpose of increasing the points they receive from Microsoft for all 'Helpful' answers.

That is not all, The MVPs also write totally irrelevant and ridiculous things as answers simply to score points by marking them later as 'Helpful'. After they started this disgusting nefarious practice I left them for good. In any event, I found that most of the private forums are far more helpful than MS forums can ever be.

Janice, Sep 25, 2020
  8. stvpls

Elizabeth23

while XP was supported there were many forums that dealt with answers quite knowledgeably, including the microsoft answers forum, as a matter of fact that is where I started learning about xp. Now yes they wish you to use win 10, so thankfully this forum is still up. :)

Elizabeth23, Sep 26, 2020
    dAlek likes this.
  9. stvpls

ClippyBeer

I've noticed similar behavior on other vendor support forums (HP) - they mostly copy/paste canned responses that often have nothing to do with the issue you are posting about. I am under the impression that they employ bots with very limited AI. The few times I've gotten helpful responses were from other users, not the forums moderators.

In short, the most direct path to a helpful solutions are third party forums such as this one and search engines. Vendor forums are staffed by underpaid and overworked techs whose primary language is not english.

ClippyBeer, Sep 27, 2020
    Janice likes this.
  10. stvpls

Janice

There was one forum that I know of (yes, unfortunately I have to say 'was') which was an exception to this rule. The VIP Asus Forum, one of the best forums ever. There was one moderator from Sweden who had some 99000 posts to his credit. There were dozens of others with similarly impressive figures. All the support I had for my Asus P5LD2 was from this forum and it was first class support.

Last year without any intimation to the thousands of members (it was a vast number of world wide Asus users; I just don't recollect), the forum disappeared. Not a word to the members. Not a single inquiry was addressed. when members inquired they just kept repeating "the forum is closed". Not a single word of explanation. Now they have a forum for gamers! All the more reason to appreciate this forum of ours :)

https://www.asus.com/support/PageNoServer

Janice, Sep 27, 2020
    r3tr0g4mr_qbc and stvpls like this.
  11. stvpls

Elizabeth23

hopefully you did what I did when the forums were all going strong, any time succinct answers to specific issues were given I copied to a folder for my own use, this helps me give answers on this forum, :)

Elizabeth23, Sep 28, 2020
  12. stvpls

rebornjumpman

Sure would be swell if you might consider posting those somewhere for newer members to enjoy ;)

rebornjumpman, Sep 30, 2020
    Janice likes this.
  13. stvpls

Elizabeth23

rebornjumpman, if you were to read through the forums you would find many of them along with the names of whoever originally posted it in the microsoft forums. 50 MB of docs :)

Elizabeth23, Sep 30, 2020
Ask a Question