Metroidvania games for Win XP?

Hi. So, does anyone have a list of Metroidvania games from Steam or GOG that will run on Windows XP?

Google Search is ridiculous nowadays as it will always recommend me recent games from between 2020~2022 which are like 99% prone to not support Windows XP. That said, I'm looking for Metroidvania games between 2010~2015 that are more likely to support Windows XP. It's like there's this huge gap as if no Metroidvania games were released in that period at all.

Metroidvania games from Steam/GOG I could confirm that run on Windows XP so far:

UnEpic
Rogue Legacy
Iconoclasts
Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and The 7 Devils
La Mulana
Cave Story+ (3D version won't run)
Castle In The Darkness
Cyber Shadow
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Valdis Story: Abyssal City
Shantae: Risky's Revenge Director's Cut
Phoenotopia Awakening (2021 game that actually runs on XP :eek:)
Odallus: The Dark Call
OUTBUDDIES DX
Owlboy: Collector's Edition
Megabyte Punch
Mighty Gunvolt Burst
Momodora 3: Reverie Under The Moonlight (they dropped support after v.2.0.0.2)
Mystik Belle
Kero Blaster
Ghost 1.0
Guacamelee!

I might have forget a few ones.

Last edited:
Gosh ... I used to have those games saved and lost them a few years ago when I moved and lost (you read that right) my flash drives.

Hopefully you have saved your games on multiple drives as we can't get some of those old ones back.

Good luck.

Myabandonware lists very old games(1990~2000) and most of them ain't Metroidvania at all. I'm looking for Metroidvania games made around 2010~2015 that still may run on Windows XP. Jayisgames looks promising tho. I'll have a look.

Back