major help with fresh install of XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by lspencer001, Dec 7, 2012.

1. lspencer001

lspencer001

hello. I need some major help. I had a nasty virus that my virus program did not find in time. I had to install a new hard drive and put a fesh copy of wndows on. I know a little about computers and knew how to install a new HDD and put on a copy of windows. I have a dell dinension 2400 and after installing windows I went and installed all the drivers that came with my computer when I bought it new. there is about 15 cds that came with it. I also installed the wireless card that was on it previously. I removed the card before I installed windows and reinstalled the card and the drivers for it after windows installed. now my problem is that the screen is huge and I am unable to change the size and the internet crashes right after being opened. the copy of windows is XP with service pack 2. I am unable to update it because of the internet issue. can someone please help me. I have a laptop which I am using now but I like my desktop too. sorry for being so long

lspencer001, Dec 7, 2012
  2. lspencer001

Elizabeth23

updates will not work without sp3 being installed, you will have to download it and manuallly in stall, here, and do not worry about it being for IT pros.
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24

http://support.ap.dell.com/support/...ared/support/en/dnd_segmenter?c=au&l=en&s=gen
    there is probably an updated version of the driver for your dell.
    look in the above website and use your express service code.
    if you do a reinstall there is an order to follow as far as installation of drivers, look in your user manual

Elizabeth23, Dec 11, 2012
  3. lspencer001

ady14

Great.

ady14, Jan 18, 2013
  4. lspencer001

Elizabeth23

you are welcome

Elizabeth23, Jan 21, 2013
Ask a Question