M3U8 downloader for Windows XP?

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by krauzer, Jul 16, 2021.

1. krauzer

krauzer

Hi.

Please, is there any software to download M3U8 videos on Windows XP?

I have tried some extensions but they require additional software that won't run on Windows XP.

I also tried M3U8 Downloader but it use some kind of decoder that won't load files on Windows XP, funny that the software itself does run on Windows XP.

The only way I found so far is VLC but it keeps dropping my connections for whatever reason so I can't finish my downloads.

Thanks.

krauzer, Jul 16, 2021
  2. krauzer

red Guest

vlc is the only 1 i know of, try searching major geeks, or internet archiv,e lots of old programmes there look under cd rom listing

red, Jul 17, 2021
    krauzer likes this.
  3. krauzer

Kahilia

FFMPEG, that runs in command prompt, can download m3u8 and many other types of video streams. If knowing the right commands. So it's quite difficult and without a user interface. And I used VDH to catch the links.

Kahilia, Jul 22, 2021
    krauzer likes this.
  4. krauzer

krauzer

Sorry for delay.

Since my VLC problem is that I'm interrupted in the middle of my downloads with big files I found a workaround.

I download the m3u8 file and open it on Notepad++ and separate the file in multiple files with different segments.

Like, if a video has 3600 segments, you open up the m3u8 file on Notepad++, and separate the segments into 3 files of 1200 segments each.

I start VLC > Convert/Save > Open file and open each created files separately and download each as RAW.

Once the downloads are finished, I start MKV Toolnix and run the files just so the metadata of the RAW files will become as of a MKV(it only take seconds), and finally, join them with Boilsoft Video Joiner(as direct stream copy so it only take seconds).

It's bothersome, but it works for me.

I'll take a look on FFMPEG but I suck at using command.

Thank you!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    krauzer, Aug 3, 2021
    Kahilia and Samir like this.
Ask a Question