lsass.exe problem with no safe mode

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by vlscottsr, May 31, 2012.

1. vlscottsr

vlscottsr

I currently have a toshiba satellite l25 laptop with xp sp3 (home edition) installed and was working just fine. I exited xp and shut down the laptop and when I tried to turn it back on it boots up ok (it seems) but once it tries to continue the logon process, I get the message "lsass.exe -Operation Failed - The requested operation was unsuccessful". I have tried to sign on through all modes listed in the safe mode list to no avail. I have another xp sp3 (home edition) laptop that is running just fine and a windows xp sp2 (pro) system disk (legit) to work with. I have been all over the internet trying to learn what happened and any possible solutions to be have. I even downloaded the "Ultimate Boot CD (ver. 5.1)" and tried it looking for some kind of work around so that I can get into the system files to restore the system to a previous date but to no avail. I have been told to re-install the files msvcrt.dll from the xp disk and others have said to re-install the lsass.exe file both did not work (still have the original versions of when all this took place - I did not overwrite). I have heard that this is a registry problem of which I have no doubt but if I could only get into the system restore files I think that this can be fixed but I have tried everything that I know of. As for security software, I run avast! virus software, spybot S&D software and iobit's malware software as I have run on all my other laptops and I just recently used these software packages to scan the laptop in question which turned up clean and no problems. I hope that this can be fixed without a complete re-install but I am requesting help to do so. Can someone give any suggestions on how to fix this or maybe get a workaround or even get into the system restore files. Thank you very much for your help in advance.

vlscottsr, May 31, 2012
Ask a Question