Low powered Antivirus

Hello!
Im looking for an antivirus for my smal, very underpowered by todays standarts notebook. it has 1GB of ram and intel atom N450. (yes its an Emachines) Can anyone recommend anything?

To my knowledge, there no longer is a current up-to-date antivirus app that works in Windows XP SP3.
Someone else here can correct me if I'm wrong.

In response to post #3, I decided to give Panda Dome 20.00.00 (aka Panda Free Antivirus) a try in my Windows XP Professional SP3 32-bit computer (updated to May 2019 and using 4 GB+ PAE patch).

During the beginning of the install process, it detected that both the "Client" and "Extended" versions of Microsoft .NET Framework 4 were not installed, so it downloaded and installed what was missing.
The install process then successfully completed.

The Dell OptiPlex 980 minitower that I'm using has more powerful hardware than the typical Windows XP-era computer, so the extra running processes that it generated in the startup and services lists doesn't seem to be impeding speed.

My internet speed is 400 Mbps, so there's no connection issue with using it.

I ditched the antivirus nearly a year ago, and to date have found no need for it. Between Malwarebytes Free, Superantispyware Free, Adwcleaner, and double firewalls (Outpost Firewall 2009 + SPI & NAT hardware firewall of my router), the only problem I have had is the occasional PUP. I'd give most of the credit to the hardware firewall.

The current versions of Malwarebytes (4.1.2.73) and AdwCleaner (8.0.6.0) do not support Windows XP.

The current version of SUPERAntiSpyware (8.0.0.1052) still does.

3.5.1.2522 is the most current version of Malwarebytes that supports Windows XP.

The current versions of Malwarebytes (4.1.2.73) and AdwCleaner (8.0.6.0) do not support Windows XP.

The current version of SUPERAntiSpyware (8.0.0.1052) still does.

3.5.1.2522 is the most current version of Malwarebytes that supports Windows XP.

I have Malwarebytes 3.5.1.2522, Adwcleaner 6.045, and SuperAntisSpyware 8.0.1052. Not a big fan of updates, and even less so after the recent Mypal debacle. I have way more confidence in the hardware firewall of my router, and encourage its use whenever possible. The software stuff is just extra layers of security...never a bad idea, but not something to bet the bank on.

So, yeah, there's actually quite a few antivirus apps for Windows XP that are up-to-date.
I find that AVG Antivirus is my favorite.
There's also the open-source ClamTk built on ClamAV. (which, by the way, is VERY low power)
There's also one called Webroot that doesn't seem to have a free version...

But, yeah, if you really want to have a lightweight AV that won't eat up your resources, maybe consider the Windows version of ClamTK. If you do go with it, bear in mind that it doesn't report to the Security Center, so Security Center might think you don't have antivirus.

I'm still using 360 Total Security (free version), on XP32.
Never found any antivirus that worked on XP64, so I dont go online with it. Without any A/V installed, & 8 gigs ram, 64 flys!
Anything for my 64 computer, I transfer via thumb drive.

Back