Looking for a very particular Windows XP edition.

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by aresito, Dec 16, 2022.

1. aresito

aresito

Hello all, i'm (out of curiosity) trying to find an XP edition or version that i remember being installed on two family PC's when i was younger. I've tried google but i've had no luck.

I remember it had a dark theme that maybe looked closer to Vista than the classic luna, and the default wallpaper had the Windows logo with a syringe or scissor next to it. Also, the name of the OS was in the wallpaper itself.

I know it's a long shot but i thought i could try here

aresito, Dec 16, 2022
  2. aresito

ArcticFoxie

Do a Google-search for "xp noir" - are you referring to this? All it was is setting the Display Properties -> Appearance to the Royal Noir "style" instead of the default Luna "blue".
    See here for more info -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_XP_visual_styles

Regarding "syringe or scissors" logo - that almost sounds like a "hacked" or "illegal" version of XP and nobody here will assist in tracking down anything of that nature. Unless, of course, it was just some "wallpaper" being used.

ArcticFoxie, Dec 16, 2022
    xperceniol likes this.
  3. aresito

aresito

That does look like the theme. It is likely it could have been pirated since this was in a third world country where it is not common to pay for software, and also installed by my uncle who was the computer savvy one of the family. It also would explain why i couldn't find anything in wikipedia and the like. Thanks

aresito, Dec 16, 2022
    xperceniol likes this.
  4. aresito

tekkaman

Those were very good versions of windows :p Some even had all the drivers and a bunch of software on the same disk.

tekkaman, Dec 28, 2022
  5. aresito

cleverscreenname

I was thinking you meant Windows Whistler or Windows Longhorn (previews of XP and Vista)

cleverscreenname, Nov 25, 2023
Ask a Question