Looking for a Nice 2-D Screen Saver

XP has scrnsave.scr which is a "Blank" Screen saver.

I am aware of that screen saver.
When I use it, my monitors do go "black" but not 100% black.
More like 98% black and all my "pixels" are "black" but they are sent red-green-blue data to EMIT a "black".
Whereas using POWER SCHEME turns the monitor OFF, no red-green-blue black-emit but truly OFF.

Just a guess, if monitor is off in power scheme, and you can wake it up (with e.g. mouse keyboard), that would mean windows needs to communicate with a hardware layer (as opposed to just a software layer with a screen saver). Perhaps that pipeline requires more resource activity. Again, a guess.

Just a guess, if monitor is off in power scheme, and you can wake it up (with e.g. mouse keyboard), that would mean windows needs to communicate with a hardware layer (as opposed to just a software layer with a screen saver). Perhaps that pipeline requires more resource activity. Again, a guess.
This is a good idea - thank you and hope you are well.

But how to "resolve"?
Is there a "polling rate" or Interrupt Request "rate" that can be changed?

Back