Lexar flashdrives

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by trimis, Jan 25, 2021.

1. trimis

trimis

I have a 16GB one I am filling with Bing and Yahoo photos. When I plug it in the USB, the thumbnails have begun to not fully populate. Instead of the photo, its a illustration of a page with a red and yellow sailboat scene. Sometime the first half of the thumbnails are like this, sometimes the last half, and sometimes multiple sections inbetween. The thumbnails used to show up from beginning to end, so I could see the photo each one had. Any ideas how to return it to this?

trimis, Jan 25, 2021
  2. trimis

Elizabeth23

run chkdsk with the /r parameter on your flashdrive, then see if the issue clears

Elizabeth23, Jan 25, 2021
    trimis likes this.
  3. trimis

trimis

Had no idea how to do that. Google turned this up:
    https://neosmart.net/wiki/chkdsk/#From_My_Computer
    Don't have the password for XP Pro, but it looks like I can get around that via 'From My Computer'. Now the only question is do I risk it? I have over six months of photos collected on the flashdrive, so if I screw up and chkdsk tanks the flashdrive, I doubt I'd want to start from scratch again.

trimis, Jan 29, 2021
  4. trimis

Elizabeth23

your choice I do a checkdisk at least once a month because my electric is erratic. I have not lost a flashdrive yet, :),

Elizabeth23, Jan 29, 2021
  5. trimis

cornemuse

Liz said: run chkdsk with the /r parameter on your flashdrive etc etc

google returned *above*. google might be your problem.

I duckduck'ed *run chkdsk with the /r parameter on your flashdrive*

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=run+chkdsk+with+the+/r+parameter+on+your+flashdrive&t=ffab&ia=web

gotta lotta useful links, , , , , ,

cornemuse, Jan 29, 2021
  6. trimis

Elizabeth23

I have posted many times in this forum on how to run checkdisk, if you really need me to repeat the instructions I will, or you can do a search for chkdsk on this forum, :)

Elizabeth23, Jan 30, 2021
  7. trimis

Hunter2021

Never store important stuff on a flash drive. They get corrupted so easily. The only remedy reformat the whole drive.

Hunter2021, Feb 3, 2021
  8. trimis

Lockherup

maybe if you bought some chinese garbage from amazon that was a 128mb reformatted as 4GB .. but in reality this is nonsense and flash drives don't get corrupted easy.

I have moved and stored thousands of gigs with flash drives and can't remember any instance of corruption. I have also been listening to mp3 books in a car stereo for about 4 years on the same USB and I'm even using one that I found in the snow. I think it's back to drawing board with that theory.

Lockherup, Feb 10, 2021
    Elizabeth23 likes this.
Ask a Question