Keyboard Macro WinXP Simple, Free

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by Cool Javelin, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Cool Javelin

Cool Javelin

Hi, I am new here and would like some help with keyboard macros.

Most macro or hotkey software seems to be geared toward launching programs, or opening folders. I do not need or even want that.

Rather, I need to type a phrase a lot, and would like to assign a key to do that.

It would also be ideal if the phrase could be maintained encrypted, but I bet that is asking a lot.

#1) While I think this option is a low probability, it would be ideal:
    I understand there is a microprocessor in the keyboard, and it would be great if there were a utility whereby I could reprogram the actual keyboard such that my computer never knows I am not simply typing keys.

#2) second best idea.
    Setup Windows such that I do not need a TSR program running in the background to reprogram a key to enter a phrase. Maybe alter the system registry or something. I know this can be done to change a single key to another key, but I don't know about entering a phrase.

#3) have a VERY SMALL TSR that will do the job. Recommendations?

Thanks in advance for any help here.

Mark.

Cool Javelin, Apr 9, 2015
  2. Cool Javelin

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Apr 9, 2015
  3. Cool Javelin

Cool Javelin

Thanks, Elizabeth23:

I researched all you suggested, I think I had found all those previously.

I am trying something called AutoHotkey, but am not sure it will work for me.

Really, I wanted it to enter passwords for me, so I wanted it to be secure, and none are.

Although I did come up with an idea, I have some old bar code readers. I can print bar codes without the text below, then I can scan my passwords as I need them from a sheet.

This allows for my passwords to never be on my machine and allows for easy access.

Thanks for taking the time to do this for me,
    Mark.

Cool Javelin, Apr 11, 2015
  4. Cool Javelin

Elizabeth23

Okay, wish I could help more, other than using a random generating password program, post back if you find a solution to your issue. :)

Elizabeth23, Apr 11, 2015
  5. Cool Javelin

metastasis69

Try phrase express. It do have the macro thing that you are looking for but you need to have the older version. I think the newest one is not working with xp anymore. www.phraseexpress.com/

metastasis69, Sep 4, 2015
Ask a Question