Kernel32.dll error GetPhysicallyInstalledSystemMemory

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by scenturian, Apr 21, 2018.

1. scenturian

scenturian

Hi, I installed this program a long time ago but had to uninstall it to free up disk space. I needed it again so I tried to install it as administrator and got the following error message 'The procedure entry point GetPhysicallyInstalledSystemMemory could not be located in the dynamic link library kernel32.dll'

After this I ran a dll fixer and still got the same error when I tried to install the program.
    My xp has been running for a number of years without ever being reinstalled so I thought it was time. So I Re-formatted and re-installed xp and sp3 and ran all the updates, then tried to install the program again and still got the same error.

Knowing now that I had a fresh install of xp and fully up to date on updates I thought maybe bad memory so I ran Memtest86.
    Memtest86 finished with no errors.

I've now exhausted my limited knowledge and hope that there is someone out there that can help me fix this and install my program?

scenturian, Apr 21, 2018
  2. scenturian

Elizabeth23

Attached Files:

Elizabeth23, Apr 21, 2018
  3. scenturian

scenturian

Hi Elizabeth23,

Would you be able to tell me the correct way to install the Kernel32.dll file please?
    Because i've heard of systems crashing due to incorrect installation of this file

Rgds,
    Scenturian

scenturian, Apr 21, 2018
  4. scenturian

Elizabeth23

after you extract the file, go to safe mode, c/windows/system32, rename kernal32.dll that is there now to kernel32.dll.old, then drag the new kernel32 to the system32 and drop it in a clear space, reboot and see if this will clear the issue, sorry for the late reply I missed your post somehow. :)

Elizabeth23, Apr 23, 2018
Ask a Question