KB2604110 will not go away - it is installed

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by laopa, Aug 13, 2012.

1. laopa

laopa

Hi,

I keep being offered this Security Update Microsoft .NET Frame 3.0 SP2 Update and it is already installed. I have uninstalled it a number if times and them\n reinstalled it but this Update message will not go away.

Any help would be appreciated.:confused:

System: 2.85 Gigahertz Intel Core2 Quad Q9550, twin 500GB Raid Mirrored HDDs, 4GB RAM, External 1.5TB HDD, Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600) (32 bit) with HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L [CD-ROM drive] and NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 1GB DDR3 [Display adapter], LG Flatron E2441IV [Monitor] (24.0")

laopa, Aug 13, 2012
  2. laopa

Frankie

On the Windows Update page, de-select the update that you dont need, and check the box - "Do not show this update" box

Frankie, Sep 12, 2012
  3. laopa

laopa

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in my reply and thanks.

I used an auto cleanup tool by Aaron Stebner to remove all .Net Framework versions and then reinstall them all one by one with updates.

Seems I cannot post a link so you will have to search if you want to find it.

Just use the guy's name and "Automated cleanup tool to remove the .NET Framework".

It was time consuming and a real PITA (not Aaron's fault, just good old MS) but it really works.

Thanks again.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
    laopa, Sep 14, 2012
Ask a Question