K-Meleon browser

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by AM7, Mar 7, 2022.

1. AM7

AM7

Anyone using the K-Meleon browser?
    Looks like Roytam1 has a new build 76.4.5.G from Feb,19,2022.

Wondering how good this browser is.

AM7, Mar 7, 2022
  2. AM7

ClippyBeer

K-Meleon is based on the older Gecko render engine and therefore won't work with many sites. On top of that you can't install any extensions so this browser is more of a novelty like IE8.

Roytam has other browsers that are better (Serpent/New Moon).

ClippyBeer, Mar 7, 2022
    Elizabeth23 likes this.
  3. AM7

TMTGTR

Though it is my # 5 browser, once upon a time (Dial-up, Win ME) it was my #1. I'm quite familiar with it and know how to navigate it to work for me. But primarily it is for researching webpage print articles now. It is FAST and it has some cool proprietary extensions, but alas it will give problems on most sites with interaction and/or video. I do update now and then. I use many RoyTam1's browsers. I'm getting ready to customize a machine that will have 360EE Browser. I have not used it but am following on ClippyBeer's coat tails. And of cause I wait with baited breath for Feodor2's new creation...

TMTGTR, Mar 8, 2022
  4. AM7

Zinou_xp

Actually i used K-Meleon Goanna and i recommend it to the slow pc's in addition he contains adblock integrate in it in general tremendous browser for xp.

Zinou_xp, Mar 13, 2022
Ask a Question