july 16 will be the end of windows xp update website?

It ain't over til its over ... looks like it's over. :eek:
Like when our parents told us there was no Santa Claus you like to hold on to the fiction a little bit longer.:(

and do you have sp3 installed?
Yes I have SP3, unfortunately microsoft has permanently closed the site for updates.
The only thing that can be done by microsoft is to upload in an iso all the updates that were released until May 2014, when the support expired.

microsoft update catalog is still open, you would have to download each individual update. I am fortunate that I have a cache of all the updates, :)

I installed the updates with this tool "WSUS Offline Update 9.2.1", downloaded the updates to the client folder and went through them one by one, then downloaded the wanacry update. The bad thing is that while it has an option to create an ISO for automatic offline installation, at the end of the process it always makes an error and does not create it. I hope Microsoft releases an official ISO with all the updates.

Attachments

• gergrthrhfhdf.JPG
    gergrthrhfhdf.JPG
    381.8 KB · Views: 171
  • rrtyetrytrhjmmyu copy.jpg
    rrtyetrytrhjmmyu copy.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Windows update for XP works again!
I got the yellow shield!

Ιnstalled 19 updates :)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    174.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 2.png
    2.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCN9622.JPG
    DSCN9622.JPG
    267.8 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Windows xp continues to receive updates. Both yesterday and today the yellow shield appeared again!
they should be the old updates, check the update history and see in the details the release date i dont think ms is gonna update xp anymore sadly

was done automatically, from the yellow shield, on the site does not check for updates [Error number: 0x80072EFD], were installed during the shutdown of the pc. Yes they are old updates. Until recently, however, it did not install and we had to go through them with the mini tool.

was done automatically, from the yellow shield, on the site does not check for updates [Error number: 0x80072EFD], were installed during the shutdown of the pc. Yes they are old updates. Until recently, however, it did not install and we had to go through them with the mini tool.
that error should mean update servers busy
btw i get a different error probably i would need to reset my winupdate but it installed fine the normal updates automatically

http://www.portableupdate.com/

I have not reinstalled lately, but I always use the above, so now I have a cache of all the updates, but when you first use it, you have to do so from the pc to be updated and it has to be online, it will search for all the needed downloads, then have you select all the ones you want downloaded , whether they are already installed or not, it saves them to a cache, (not on the current inuse drive, use a flash drive or an external hard drive) then when you reinstall before ever going online you do a search of pc with portup and then choose which to insstall and then you should be done, but I always check with microsoft updates after that to see if I need any more, and I forgot I always do a couple of offline searches to make sure that all my updates to priority updates get installed.

also read throught the below threads to see if they help you

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...hat-include-drivers-and-hotfixes-from-the-win
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-updates/aec70e04-d8f6-4647-87fb-f1c1d5e7eada

So theLINK shows an error. What's going on with Windows xp updates and is it FIXED?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201201-131121.png
    Screenshot_20201201-131121.png
    123.4 KB · Views: 119
Back