Is there really any reason to care about firefox autistic firing squad

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by jim davis, Sep 11, 2018.

1. jim davis

jim davis

From all I can see, almost everything about my xp has expired, BUT STILL WORKS

So my Buddhist soul must ask, should I care, auxiliary to that my pervert e mail provider
    just asked for even more perverse permission to go thru my underwear drawl, they being Autistic, see no issue with that, Firefox folks having
    "Computer Use Acquired Autistic Spectrum" (yes that a real mental disorder) having no sentimentality either, has snuffed XP, nice marriage :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

So McAfee says there is nothing you can do to stop being hacked.
    Just read about the "Nike" shoe stock melt down, when sales are actually up 31-34 %
    Kim's bra strap broke in the mall.
    Dog poop problem in L.A.

I am having a hard time staying balanced and normal and putting up with all this
    wind about nothing all created in the name of fashion at the same time.

Admin folks are great, but when they start wanting to be served instead of SERVING :eek:

Its my love for all things that gives my life meaning, these are artificial emergency's.

So what happens if I just leave fire fox on my machine, I have backed up my 500 GB's of down loaded old movies, classic ART , music and doc's, --

WHAT CAN HAPPEN TO ME IF I JUST KEEP OLD FIREFOX :)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    jim davis, Sep 11, 2018
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  2. jim davis

cmccaff1

As long as you have Firefox properly configured for security/privacy & regularly clean out your browsing data, you should be perfectly fine sticking with FF52, or whatever version you're using. In fact, I'm considering going back to FF52 myself, while the legacy extension page is still available and there is still time for me to download all of the addons that I like using. Maxthon 5.2.4 isn't bad at all, but sadly it doesn't interface properly with the 'Tile Windows Vertically' feature (which I like to use so I can divide my screen as equally as possible between word processor [I use Word XP] & browser [which really comes in handy when you're doing research/writing a document and don't want to keep clicking back and forth between the two]). I also don't care for the fact that there is no internal option to toggle JavaScript on/off, nor is there an extension that makes this possible. At the cost of a few neat novelties, FF52 just works better for all of my needs. It should be a long time before it starts to have serious issues with sites.

cmccaff1, Sep 11, 2018
    jim davis likes this.
  3. jim davis

jim davis

CM thank you for yours above, my "Noscript" may be broken, but if I pause "NS" it appears java comes on, even tho other wise blocked by FF.

Note adobe is one of the most untalked about spy wares there is, "no script"
    blocks it, heres the thing, from ebay to most other things, I never unblock it
    and get done all i need to, even extremely rare banking.

the later being almost never.

many of these add ons, work badly every where,

"self destructing" cookie is a blessing, every time i see it ate a google tracker
    I feel the joy of "snuffing a pedophile"

jim davis, Sep 11, 2018
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  4. jim davis

cmccaff1

There are only six addons that I use with Firefox: the Classic Theme Restorer, Chris Pederick's old User Agent Switcher (from 2011; it works flawlessly with every version of Firefox I've tried, even ancient ones like 2.x & 3.x), QuickJava, uBlock Origin, MaximeRF's YouTube Flash Video Player (which forces YT to try and serve Flash; since it no longer supports Flash it means that HTML5 videos aren't triggered either), and "Disable HTML5 Autoplay" (for sites that have embedded advertisements/videos). There are probably others that could be useful for my needs, but based on trial/error and my own experiences these six do everything I need them to do. I also make sure to install the newest available version of Dan Pollock's HOSTS file (this makes a VERY big difference).

cmccaff1, Sep 11, 2018
Ask a Question