Is it possible to prevent creating new user accounts

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by loko, Apr 22, 2020.

1. loko

loko

Greetings everyone. Is there any way to prevent creating new user accounts with administrator rights in Windows XP?

In my company there is an old PC running Windows XP because of an old nesting software. As engineer and programmer of laser cutting machines I am using this software occasionally but I don't want the laser operators to mess with the software or the NC models. So I set a password for the user acount, but someone of the laser operators somehow created a new account with administrator rights. How can I disable this option? We do not have a system administrator so it's up to me.

loko, Apr 22, 2020
  2. loko

Elizabeth23

A Computer Administrator can do things like create and change accounts and install programs; a Limited user can’t do those tasks.

Above from here, you can delete the administrator accounts, (except for the built in one) and just make limited account users.

I set up at least two accounts for a couple of reasons. At work, I set up the administrator account with a password known only to me, the owner, and God. So the user of the computer (not an administrative account) can't change my password, but I can always change theirs. Helpful at times when employees are mad. Not perfect, but helpful. Even on those computers where the users must be an administrator because of 3rd party software, most users don't know how to change someone else's password.

above from here, in the comments

Elizabeth23, Apr 23, 2020
Ask a Question