Is it possible to buy a new Windows XP machine?

Discussion in 'Windows XP Hardware' started by LEBurns, Mar 22, 2017.

1. LEBurns

PeterXP

I just built an Windows XP machine on new hardware in late 2016. I purchased a Gigabyte 970A mother board ( AMD chipset ) and a cheaper FX 4300 4 core CPU. AMP provide all the XP motherboard drivers needed, 32 and 64 bit.
    I ran it on a Samsung 850 Pro 128 gig SSD and a separate data disk. It is extremely quick. I did slip stream the AHCI driver onto my Win XP SP 3 install disk. Using AHCI is far better on a SSD. By using a Samsung SSD, you get the Magician utility that you need to run XP because it has a manual trip utility. I have been amazed that the internet is not more informative about running XP on new AMD hardware.

PeterXP, Jun 4, 2017
  2. LEBurns

Compaq_8200_Elite

XP 32-bit and XP 64-bit drivers are available from HP for the Compaq 8200 Elite SFF or CMT pc.
    These PC's can be bought for as little as $100.00. I have one of each.
    Both are dual boot XP 32 and XP 64.
    Both Computers have an Intel I7-2600 3.40 GHZ cpu with 4 cores-8 threads.
    Boot time is just a few seconds (running minimal services and start up items).
    An cheap SSD greatly sped up boot time and performance.
    PerfectDisc can optimize an SSD on XP.
    Security and performance can be increased by turning off services like Server, Computer Browser, Workstation, TCP/IP Helper, + +. It would be easier just to list services that need to be running with a static ip. You only need maybe 10 services running and still have sound and internet.
    These are not gamer PC's as they have small power supplies and no ability to power gamer video cards.

Compaq_8200_Elite, Jul 15, 2017
Ask a Question