Invalid Certificate

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Duchy, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Duchy

Duchy

Hello world.

i encountered a problem on my notebook that when i try to visit certain sites or just google something i get a popup in my browser that it was unable to verify some sort of certificate? (never heard of such stuff) it happened on Internet Explorer and on opera. i know problem is not in my network as i have 4 other devices some of which i use for years and none of the had such problem. i tried using different DNS but that didnt help anything. if you know where the problem is please tell me how im able to fix the issue! thanks.

Duchy, Apr 8, 2020
  2. Duchy

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Apr 8, 2020
    Duchy likes this.
  3. Duchy

trimis

The solutions I know of so far is to circumvent the CA nazis embedded security certificates store in XP:

1. Install a MITMproxy with SSL/TLS-stripping ability to convert HTTPS to HTTP, similar to what 'Superfish' adware used.
    2. Install your own self-signed root certificate that can intercept HTTPS encrypted traffic for each and every website you visit, and overrule the CA security certificates store...sorta like 'one ring to rule them all' in Lord of the Rings.

I'm still working on doing this, so theoretical thus far.

trimis, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Duchy

Duchy

i have mypal now, thanks for the advice guys

Duchy, Apr 10, 2020
Ask a Question