Internet Connectivity Questions

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by nameunlisted036478, Jan 28, 2021.

1. nameunlisted036478

nameunlisted036478

So i own a Dell Latitude D610, that used to belong to my dad back when he worked in Bank of America in 2003-5. My dad supposedly brought the laptop home for me to use for education (since at the time we really did not have anything else) despite the fact that (i think) you were not allowed to take company property to your house (i don't know really). Anyways couple years pass by, I haven't used the thing in a while, and i decide to use it again for the sake of nostalgia. i brought it out of the carrying bag it was stored in, and i was thinking about connecting it to the internet.

I mention the idea to my dad, and he says not to (some reason he says once connected, the company can see it activated or his bank files come back to the machine or something like that) Now me, being inexperienced with Networking, didn't know if what he said was completely true, or its just an excuse to not connect it to the internet.

My question is, is what my dad said, true to what will happen to the laptop if i do end up connecting it to the internet, or does it sound like a load of baloney?

nameunlisted036478, Jan 28, 2021
  2. nameunlisted036478

Lockherup

Nobody knows for sure besides bank of america but corporate software does behave that way, some are customized at the program level and some are more embedded in the OS.

Lockherup, Jan 28, 2021
  3. nameunlisted036478

Elizabeth23

or you could wipe the harddrive and install xp without any connection to bank of america. My dell was originally a corporate pc, but I wiped it and started over

Elizabeth23, Jan 28, 2021
Ask a Question