Installing XP on previous W 7 laptop

Discussion in 'Windows XP Installation and Setup' started by cornemuse, Apr 13, 2016.

1. cornemuse

cornemuse

I have a Toshiba (C655D with W 7) laptop I want to install XPPro on. The hdd seems to have 3 partitions which I am having fits trying to 'undo'. Is there an easy way of making this drive into a single partition??

-c-

cornemuse, Apr 13, 2016
  2. cornemuse

Elizabeth23

above from here

Elizabeth23, Apr 13, 2016
  3. cornemuse

cornemuse

Well, it took 20 minutes to figure out how to get into bios, finally! Set sata to 'compatibility', installed XPPro, now I need to find the various drivers: vid, lan, etc.

I had spent weeks trying to 'tune' W 7 & finally just gave up with it. Its an older used laptop with about 1/2 the hdd filled with original administrators files(?). Could not access/delete them. I did now!

I have a few more old laptops, just hate tossing them, same issues with 7.

Ultimately aquired about a dozen hdd's, 2 1/2 & 3 1/2, half ide & half satas.

One ide is/was 720 MEGs! Good for the magnets inside!

Anyone use a (freeware) prog called Iconoid? They, (I just found out), now have a 64 bit version of it. Its a funky lil prog!

Anywayz, , ,

-c-

cornemuse, Apr 21, 2016
  4. cornemuse

Elizabeth23

glad you figured it out, you do know that xp will not install on a sata drive without a sata controller??

Elizabeth23, Apr 21, 2016
Ask a Question