Installing XP on my Laptop

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by MikeK, Sep 4, 2015.

1. MikeK

MikeK

I have a Dell Laptop which originally was running Windows XP, for some time I have been running Ubuntu on it and now want to go back and do a clean install of XP.

When I start the XP installation using the original XP installation disk that came with the laptop I receive the following message and I am hoping someone can assist me on getting XP installed:

Setup is loading files
    Setup is starting windows

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps.

Check to see you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacture for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical Information

*** STOP: 0X0000007E (0XC0000005,0XF75DD0BF,0XF7A29208,0XF7A28F08)

*** PCI.SYS - address F75DD0BF base at F75D6000, Datestamp 3B7D855C

MikeK, Sep 4, 2015
  2. MikeK

metastasis69

seems like you have a bad memory module. this is caused by excessive use of live cd as it loads most of the programs to the ram.

metastasis69, Sep 4, 2015
  3. MikeK

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Sep 5, 2015
  4. MikeK

MikeK

Windows XP Professional is up an running.

MikeK, Sep 11, 2015
  5. MikeK

Elizabeth23

okey dokey

Elizabeth23, Sep 11, 2015
Ask a Question