Installing Windows XP x86 sp3 to rog z590

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by Zarok77, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Zarok77

Zarok77

First post , Hi to all windows XP forums Community :).

Attempting to install windows xp on my rog z590 Apex xiii and 11900k combo but Not an easy task for me as don't have much experience in programming or software installation. Would like to ask for help as stuck with errors 0x000000A5 :(. This occurs after installing all files and towards the end of process after the last task "deleting temporary files" and reboot should take to xp home page . Using acpi.sys files downloaded from overclocking websites and marked as compatible with z590 Motherboard. Also have incorporated all the usb and ahci files with nlite. Installation using Ps/2 mouse and keyboard. Same CD rom installing correctly on b360 and i3 8100 desktop.

Appreciated if can get help here (i guess come to the right place :))

Thanks
    Zarok

Zarok77, Oct 24, 2021
  2. Zarok77

Zarok77

Had mod the acpi.sys driver to ACPI.SY_ , integrate in to xp with nlite and after finishing the installation dropped apci.sys to system32/drivers folder from Windows 10 via usb to sata cable. Works and I am sure there'll be an easier way to do it. Thanks anyway :)

Zarok77, Oct 26, 2021
  3. Zarok77

Elizabeth23

you should discuss what you integrate into an xp install disk at the nlite forums, you cannot just slipstream anything into the disk.

Elizabeth23, Oct 29, 2021
Ask a Question