Installing HP C4280 software

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by olrob, Jun 21, 2013.

1. olrob

olrob

PC: Dell 4600i, XP pro SP3, USB connected HP Photosmart C4280 printer.

Troubles after installing HP C4280's Full Feature (FF) s/w.

I did a fresh download of the s/w and did the recommended procedure of (1)Clearing the TEMP directory, (2)Downloading, extracting the System, (3)uninstalling

the HP software, (4) doing a Disk Cleanup, (5)Installing the latest Adobe s/w, (6) and running SETUP.EXE. All seemed to work for printing and scanning. But

there were no "Essentials" or "Solution Center" for me to run. I needed to get at the Toolbox which is run from the "Solution Center".

In the Digital Imaging+BIN folders I found HPQDIREC.EXE. Running it gives me Solution Center+Settings+Toolbox to allow me to clean ink cartridges and print

diagnostic pages.

But when I run "Solution Center" I get a notice telling me it was "..waiting while windows configures a scan.." if I wait long enough it fails and tries again, over

and over. If I CANCEL when it starts this configure procedure I can get to the programs I want (Toolbox) after 4-5 Cancels.

I have tried the MS Clean UP Utility, didn't help. Ran msconfig+startup tab and there are no programs starting with HP running.

Why is windows trying to "configure scan"?
    How do I stop this procedure?

olrob, Jun 21, 2013
  2. olrob

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Jun 21, 2013
Ask a Question