Increase font size of "Window Text"?

Discussion in 'Windows XP Customization' started by alharris, Apr 4, 2018.

1. alharris

alharris

Greetings,

The "Window Text" - the text inside XP windows when opening a folder giving its contents - is becoming too small for my ageing eyes. I would like to increase the font size of Window Text without affecting everything else.

Under Desktop > Properties > Display Properties > Appearance > Advanced, if “Window” is selected, the text font and font size options are not selectable (though the color can apparently be changed).

Question: Is there a change that can be made in the Registry to alter the default "Windows XP Style" to specify a different font size, font, or to bold the default Window Text? Is there another option, perhaps to allow the font size box to be selected?

I know about changing DPI, etc., but I don’t want to make changes that alter everything.

Thank you.

alharris, Apr 4, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. alharris

Elizabeth23

start/ all programs/ accessories/ accessibility/ dialog box will walk you through increasing text.

Elizabeth23, Apr 4, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. alharris

alharris

"start/ all programs/ accessories/ accessibility/ dialog box will walk you through increasing text"

That changes all text, everywhere. I want to change font size of Windows Text only.

alharris, Apr 4, 2018
  4. alharris

Elizabeth23

Desktop > Properties > Display Properties > Appearance > Advanced

if you choose Icon, it will allow change from Tahoma 8pt, to a font or font size, from HERE

but it is still everywhere

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes

above from

further references on THIS search page

Elizabeth23, Apr 5, 2018
  5. alharris

alharris

Thank you - that is quite helpful, using the "icon" setting to change the font.
    Also, in looking at the links on the search page you provided, I realized that I did not have cleartype font smoothing enabled. When I enabled it, the text became easier to read, even without changing the font size.

alharris, Apr 5, 2018
  6. alharris

Elizabeth23

great, :) maybe you need some reading glasses?? :)

Elizabeth23, Apr 5, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question