Improve windows xp

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by Albo, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Albo

Albo

Hi guys!

I use windows xp for 20 years and like to
    studying the files inside. And I'd like to help this community with my knowledge (and improve my knowledge!). So, in your opinion, what can be done to improve windows xp?

Albo, Aug 17, 2021
  2. Albo

red Guest

xp is fine as it is there is nothing to be done as it is and was the best win ever built, may be try getting it back on main stream ( chrome fire fox) would be good
    long lve xp:)

red, Aug 17, 2021
  3. Albo

flavallee Guest

I was testing Windows XP Professional SP3 32-bit (integrated to May 2019) up until several months ago.
    More and more apps and hardware devices stopped supporting and working with it, so I stopped testing it.
    I don't know how much better it can be improved than what has been done to it HERE.

flavallee, Aug 17, 2021
  4. Albo

Albo

After all, I'm sorry about my poor english! I'm brasilian!

Red, I agree, I love windows xp and it's true, windows xp is the best win ever build. But...
    Flavallee is right too. More and more software and hardware is stopping supporting windows xp. It's a "natural evolution" but we don't want it! Xp is ok to us.

I'm worry about it. And, I think, something has to be done.

Albo, Aug 17, 2021
  5. Albo

Mr Siamese Cat

Hi Albo

Welcome to the forums.

Windows XP could be improved and you could make yourself a lot of money by developing a program that spoofs any installer that it is in fact installing on Windows 7. This is an incredibly hard long and complex task, it would require an intimate knowledge of System files, the Registry, the IO.sys file etc. It would also require you to be able to disassemble installer files and rebuild.

The are 3 reasons people use Windows XP
    1. Hobbyists and people willing to soldier on who don’t need to use newer programs.

2. People like me who have expensive registered software for XP, that they do not intend replacing and use it as their main operating system, but use a “boot on LAN” secondary computer with windows 7 to windows 10 installed, that is used from XP for programs such as Office 16, Outlook 2016, Revit 2016. This is used with Remote Desktop from XP.

3. People who use Windows 7 to Windows 10 and use Windows XP, as a remote for very specific programs that are XP registered.

Installer programs have been spoofed in the past when it makes economic sense, such as Revit 2013, Solidworks and Inventor.

Using the internet is no problem whatsoever, as people can use the following 3 programs.

Firefox 52.9.0 Mypal 29.3.0 and K-Meleon Goanna build.

So far I haven’t found any site I can’t use with Mypal and that includes the 2 big ones.

Clarivate.com and LexisNexis.com

As for all general public sites on the web, so far Mypal has given no problems and to be honest most of the time I can still use Firefox.

So there is your project. Simple really. Get a copy of Office Professional 2016 and get it to install on XP.

I am more than happy to shell out £100 - thats about 750 Real to you.

Good Luck

Let me know when you are done.

Mr Siamese Cat, Aug 17, 2021
  6. Albo

Albo

Hi Mr. Siamese cat. I like cat to! The name of mine is "Branco". It's like "White"!!

Thank you. I like this forum.

It's a nice project. And can be used with others softwares, I think.

Again, thanks.

Albo, Aug 17, 2021
  7. Albo

red Guest

like the look of this :) no download for the iso though tried the link but dead from my end tried on fox and chrome i am using a 10 for downloads though may this be the problem or is there another link for iso download
    cheers phill
    long live xp:)

red, Aug 21, 2021
    cartpusher54 likes this.
  8. Albo

flavallee Guest

flavallee, Aug 22, 2021
  9. Albo

red Guest

red, Aug 22, 2021
  10. Albo

Samir

If it doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll PM you a private link that should work for you.

Samir, Aug 28, 2021
Ask a Question