Importing User Settings

We have old Windows XP computers for our plant with different users and different Group Policy (G.P.C ). for each (on old hardware Intel 945 mother board). Now as the old hardware is no longer available, we have installed XP on a new Dell 9020.

The problem is: how to import all the user accounts and all the settings, G.P.C. at once?

I have tried file transfer wizard of Windows XP, but it transfers only the current user.

Can we import all the user settings and their G.P.C. at a time? If it is possible - how to do it?

when you use the file and settings transfer wizard, when you get to the page that says to select settings and/or files, choose the box that says custom, in the box that opens click on add folder, go to (for example) documents and settings/administrator, highlight and click ok, do this for each setting you want to transfer,.

I tried that but it does not help ...
It is creating folders but not users ...
what I want is ..
it should be able to create users with all settings and group policy..

Last edited:
The folder Default User is used for creating a new user account. This folder will be copied to the new user account folder. By editing this folder, you can change the settings of new user accounts in the future. By changing these settings once, all the new user accounts will profit.

From HERE, read this and see if it helps

Back