Images in browser appear grainy and distored

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by cessprin, Feb 9, 2016.

1. cessprin

cessprin

I have Windows XP/Version 2002/Service Pack 3 on my Dell laptop. In early December 2015, I found an old, unopened, uninstalled, unregistered copy of CA Internet Security Suite 2009. I thought I would install it and see if it would automatically upgrade to the current protection level of 2015/2016 for possibly a year and then I would have to pay to continue getting upgrades. Once I installed it, it seemed to slow my laptop down quite a bit. It seemed like every web page I visited, I'd have to manually add it to the firewall to allow access to the site. I started to search for another product and saw that Vipre Internet Security Suite 2016 got good reviews and had a 30 day trial period. I uninstalled the CA product and installed Vipre. This didn't seem to help speed anything up (not that I really thought it would). The most annoying problem I have, and it seemed to start when I installed the CA suite, is that web page images seem to load OK for the first few pages I visit. Then after a few pages, images load half way and the bottom half of the image loads grainy and/or distorted ("piecemeal"). I'm using Chrome version 48.0.2564.103. It happens in FireFox (43.0.1) as well, but doesn't seem to happen as often. I frequently clear the cache and history in both browsers and this doesn’t help. Since the browsers are up-to-date, I'm assuming the problem is with XP. I suppose it could be the graphics card, but I thought I would see dead pixels on the screen, which isn't the case (yet). I have another issue with "bogus hyperlinks" appearing randomly in web pages. When I hover over them, they display a pop up totally unrelated to the current page. This occurs in Chrome and used to occur in Firefox when I was using an older version. I know I should upgrade to at least Windows 7, but wanted to try to use XP for as long as I can. I wish Microsoft would allow you to pay for continued support. I'll probably have to start using my new laptop (more), as this one is probably approaching its end-of-life. I'm just not ready for the funeral. Sorry to include so much detail. I have some screen prints, but they seem to be too large to upload to the site even if I zip them. Is anyone aware of anything that can be done to fix my issues? I appreciate any help.

Chris

cessprin, Feb 9, 2016
  2. cessprin

Elizabeth23

you are probably infected, run malwarebytes free until it is cleared,

you need to install an antivirus, free ones , avast, bitdefender, panda, avg, 360tse by qiho, are some of the ones out there.

ensure that you have completely removed all traces of ca and vipre, download the setup for your antivirus and its database and install offline and run your first scan offline,

after pc is clean then see what the images look like, I am running xpsp3 pro, firefox is now at 44.0, and I run 360Total security essentials by qihoo. My images are fine. with a dell 3000 dimension desktop

Elizabeth23, Feb 9, 2016
Ask a Question