Icons don't show up on pendrive?

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by hoihoisoi, Dec 19, 2010.

1. hoihoisoi

hoihoisoi

Okay, here is the problem I'm facing. Basically what happens is, one day I open my pendrive and I was looking through to old files. But basically when I click open the folder there is
    nothing there to see! I thought it was like infected with a virus or something so a ran a scan, nothing turned up. I was shocked and all but then when I clicked on folder properties and then
    below it, it stated '7 files' which I think means there are 7 files in it but their just not viewable. I don't remember putting any of them on 'hidden' but I still can't find them even after 'unhiddening' them. Also, for a strange matter, I've noticed that only my 'microsoft word' is missing, the rest of the files such a power point, pics and excel are still intact. I need help
    and urgent, cause I need this files to do some work. Please and thank you!

hoihoisoi, Dec 19, 2010
  2. hoihoisoi

Ian Administrator

Can you run the error checking tool on your pen drive to see if there's a problem somewhere on it?

Ian, Dec 19, 2010
Ask a Question