IBM ThinkPad Wifi Driver not working

Discussion in 'Windows XP Drivers' started by MonsieurX, Jul 8, 2018.

1. MonsieurX

MonsieurX

Hi,
    I recently got an IM ThibkPad R52 it was no mine before so I prefer to renitialise it but before I save the driver that was in the Laptop. The driver where all a .exe file that extract the driverin the computer except for the Wifi that were already extract. Only the Wifi is not working when I try to connect to a Wifi it show a error that the Wifi is not accessible and try to refresh. I search on the Web for driver I find one the Internet but it not working too the wifi. I try the Ethernet for activating my Windows XP but when I go on the Internet only the Bing website if I go on other website it show error saying that it was impossible to the server or DNS server. I don’t know what to do now.
    Thanks for the help.

MonsieurX, Jul 8, 2018
  2. MonsieurX

Elizabeth23

https://thinkpads.com/support/Thinkpad-Drivers/download.lenovo.com/lenovo/content/ddfm/R52-1858.html

go to above and scroll down to networking wifi lan and look for your driver, there is a line to click on if you need help finding out which driver is yours.

when reinstalling drivers the CHIPSET must be installed first this allows all the other embedded drivers to assimilate.

the first thing to do when reinstalling is to install sp3 and ie8 as microsoft updates will not work without those, and the only thing to use IE8 for is microsoft updates you will have to install firefox 52.9.0 ESR as this is the only browser still supporting xp for at least a little while.

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/
    scroll down to 52.9.0ESR

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8qZGvx85BR8Vk1YenNhOHBfc28
    go to above for the service packs, courtesy of Mike_Walsh, depending on what service pack is installed at this time:

no service packs, then install 2 and 3
    packs 1 OR 2, install 3

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=D7389B68B3A275AD!834&cid=D7389B68B3A275AD

above is my onedrive, you can get ie8 and the updates for ie8

Elizabeth23, Jul 8, 2018
  3. MonsieurX

MonsieurX

Hi,
    First Thaks. The Ethernet work now and the wifi now ask me the Password of my Wifi but after say me Not Connected I try a driver from the link that you send me it not working too. Thanks for the help.

MonsieurX, Jul 9, 2018
  4. MonsieurX

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Jul 9, 2018
  5. MonsieurX

MonsieurX

Hi,
    There is no utility for the Wifi I verify that the checkbox « Use Windows To manage my Wifi « is check. Thanks for your help

MonsieurX, Jul 10, 2018
  6. MonsieurX

Elizabeth23

what errors are listed in event viewer (go to start/ run/ type in eventvwr.msc ), look in applications and system for errors or warnings pertaining to this issue, you can copy/paste the error here, when you see the error in the right hand pane, double click on it and a dialog box will open, on the right hand side , third icon down that looks like an open book, click on that and it will copy to clpbrd, then open a reply box here and right click and choose paste.

Elizabeth23, Jul 10, 2018
  7. MonsieurX

MonsieurX

I search in the Event Viewer didn’t find anything interessting. Now I am doing the 112 updates. Thanks for your help

MonsieurX, Jul 11, 2018
  8. MonsieurX

Elizabeth23

you are welcome

Elizabeth23, Jul 12, 2018
  9. MonsieurX

MonsieurX

After 112 Wifi is always not working. After restarting my computer the Wifi connect to the Wifi but when I go on the internet it not working showing the Mozilla Firefox Cconnexion error. Thanks for your help.

MonsieurX, Jul 13, 2018
  10. MonsieurX

Elizabeth23

go to network connections, choose the wifi connection and right click on it, then choose repair, read the repair dialog as it screens, does it say that the repair cannot be accomplished and why?

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=wifi+connection+in+xp+not+working&t=h_&ia=videos

there are many threads on this issue at the above search site, read through a few troubleshooting solutions to see if you can find your issue.

Elizabeth23, Jul 13, 2018
  11. MonsieurX

MonsieurX

I try the repair options. The error said that it cannot desactivate my Wifi card and try to install it correctly. Thanks for your help.

MonsieurX, Jul 14, 2018
  12. MonsieurX

Elizabeth23

then uninstall your wifi card in device manager, reboot and let windows find the card and install, do you have an install cd for your card or a driver, if windows asks for one.?

Elizabeth23, Jul 15, 2018
  13. MonsieurX

MonsieurX

I try unistalling the card. It ask me for a CD I don’t have any for the Wifi Card driver so I choose the online driver options bu it didn’t find anything.

MonsieurX, Jul 16, 2018
  14. MonsieurX

Elizabeth23

go to the manufacturer's website of the wifi card and there should be online downloads of the software.

Elizabeth23, Jul 16, 2018
  15. MonsieurX

MonsieurX

Hi, I have uninstalled every thing for the wifi driver and reinstalll only the wifi driver not the utility. It now working. I think it because I have install SP3. Thanks your help!

MonsieurX, Jul 17, 2018
  16. MonsieurX

Elizabeth23

okay, and make sure that you are fully updated with microsoft updates.

Elizabeth23, Jul 17, 2018
  17. MonsieurX

MonsieurX

I did all the update. Thanks a lot.

MonsieurX, Jul 17, 2018
  18. MonsieurX

Elizabeth23

you are welcome

Elizabeth23, Jul 18, 2018
Ask a Question