I want to ask how's economic to reboot, from the down button or using the start menu

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by kitty31, Jul 29, 2014.

1. kitty31

kitty31

Thank you very much for clear me up, i'm wondering also if rebooting the system from the down button it's not too rough on pc.
    Please feel free to reach my email address. I'm waiting,
    kitty

kitty31, Jul 29, 2014
  2. kitty31

Jojo

I'm sorry, I don't understand.

Do you mean disconnecting power rather than clicking OFF on the desktop?

Jojo, Jul 29, 2014
  3. kitty31

kitty31

About reboot the computer

Thank you Jojo for your fast answer, but i didn't say to turn off the computer, you didn't get well my question. I get online alot having many opened windows, so i need enough often to restart the computer to make it work well again. So it is about rebooting or restarting which happens faster if i push the down restarting button than doing normally from the start menu. And i don't know which metod is better for my computer, also which consuming less power, cause i've got every month huge electricity bills and i'm sick of this.
    Thank you for answering me again, now when you got it.
    Kitty

kitty31, Jul 29, 2014
  4. kitty31

Jojo

I think I understand.

The only safe way to reboot is using the Start Menu.

If you have a lot of windows open it will be better to close them each in the normal way.

Electricity, I can help, as I was an electrician before I retired.

Most laptop computers use small amounts of power. The actual amount is printed on the power supply, the small box which goes between your computer and the mains power.

Desktop computers change depending upon what you have in them. If you have a powerful graphics for example that will use more power.

The way to compare how much each item is using is to look at your light bulb. Most Laptop computers use about the same amount of electricity as a light bulb. Most Desktop computers use about 2 times or 3 times as much. A very powerful desktop might use about 4 times as much.

If you need to leave your computer unused for any long time, but do not want to turn it off each time, you can set it to sleep. That uses minimal power.

Does that help you?

Jojo, Jul 30, 2014
  5. kitty31

kitty31

Yes Jojo, your answer was very helpful, i wish you a happy day !
    And also, enjoy this short summer !
    Kitty

kitty31, Jul 31, 2014
Ask a Question