I need to change the window and text size of right click menus

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Janice, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Janice

Janice

How can I change the text size in XP right click menus? I like to make them larger. If possible I like to change the window size also of these right click menus. I need to do this only in the right click menus.

Janice, Feb 1, 2019
  2. Janice

Elizabeth23

right click on blank space of desktop/ choose properties/ appearance/ advanced/ in the ITEM box, choose I think, message box, to change font, or it might be tool tip, try one at a time,

Elizabeth23, Feb 2, 2019
    Janice and cmccaff1 like this.
  3. Janice

Janice

Thank you. It was actually 'Menu' that I had to select but I changed the text of the 'Message box' also :)

BTW is there a tutorial where I can visually identify the Items in the Advanced Appearence window dropdown menu, things like 'ToolTip', 'Caption Buttons' and many others that I don't understand. A tutorial similar to the Taskbar tutorial you posted on another thread a few days ago where I can see what the tutorial is talking about.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    Janice, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Janice

Elizabeth23

5. Janice

Janice

Many thanks :)
    In this one none of the figures appear. Only the title of the figure is displayed, like this

Figure 4.9. The Display Properties dialog box's Appearance tab.

See the attachment too.

Attached Files:

Janice, Feb 4, 2019
  6. Janice

Elizabeth23

I do not get the figures either, but you can look at your own display properties for the picture, :)

Let's break down the Item drop-down list so you know what you are modifying when you select a particular item:

• 3D Objects Controls the background color of dialog boxes, the Start menu, the taskbar, and control buttons on windows (the Close, Maximize, Minimize, and Quick Launch menus). You can also change the font color for 3D objects.

• Active Title Bar Controls the active title bar colors (colors 1 and 2, which create a gradient on the title bar), the font type (for example, Tahoma, the default, versus a number of other font families), the font size, and the font color.

• Active Window Border Controls the active border size and color.

Note

When you are working with the title bars, you must use the same font and size for the Active Title Bar and Inactive Title Bar items.

• Application Background Controls the background color of an application. Open Windows Paint and start a new project with an image size smaller than the default. This enables you to see the Paint background and see how changes to the application background look when you change them in the Advanced Appearance dialog box.

• Caption Buttons Controls the size of caption buttons, such as the Minimize, Maximize, and Close buttons.

• Desktop Controls the color selected for the Windows desktop. If you are using a background picture that covers the entire desktop, you don't see the desktop color.

• Icon Controls the size of the desktop icons and the font and font size used on the desktop for icon names (such as My Computer).

• Icon Spacing (Horizontal) Controls the horizontal spacing of desktop icons.

• Icon Spacing (Vertical) Controls the vertical spacing of desktop icons.

• Inactive Title Bar Controls the inactive title bar colors (colors 1 and 2) and the font type, font size, font color, and other font attributes (such as bold or italics).

• Inactive Window Border Controls the inactive border size and color.

• Menu Controls the size, color, and font attributes of window menus (on the menu bar).

• Message Box Controls the size and font attributes of the message text found in message boxes.

• Palette Title Controls the size and font (size and bold or italics) for palette windows (collections of tools in a palette).

• Scrollbar Controls the size (width/height) of window scrollbars.

• Selected Items Controls the size, color, and font attributes (size and color) of items selected in a list or shortcut menus.

• ToolTip Controls the color and font attributes of ToolTips.

• Window Controls the window color (the interior of the window) and the font color.

Elizabeth23, Feb 4, 2019
    Janice likes this.
  7. Janice

Janice

I don't know what we would do without you :):):):)

Janice, Feb 5, 2019
Ask a Question